Shiney reporting in

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

seekandstroy
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Shiney reporting in

Post by seekandstroy »

(Insert identification number here) reporting in. Name's Mike.

I'm from Chicago, but it's now my seasonal home. The rest of the year I spend in Carbondale, down in Southern Illinois. I hope you fellas don't mind college kids.

In all seriousness, I'm not one of those college kids. I'm pretty laid back. Too laid back if you ask me...

I did mention to the mods on FB that I was working on a Commander Cody, but I have that project shelved for the time being. Right now, I'm planning on making an Imperial Line Officer uniform. After that, I'm going to start a Jolly Roger suit. Seems fitting as my major in school is Aviation Flight. And my flying is MUCH better than my introductions. If someone needs a shuttle, call me!

I should also mention that this is my first legitimate cosplay (not sure if it's technically the right term). I look forward to meeting some of you.
(Insert ID number - still a shiney)
Michael Erdelyi

Carbondale, IL
Chicago, IL (summer home)

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Re: Shiney reporting in

Post by Coin »

Greetings!!

it will be nice to have you, we have troopers at both ends of your spectrum, and Im sure youve already seen the difference in requirements between a staff officer and a reserve Tie pilot :wink:

hope to have you aboard soon
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

seekandstroy
Imperial Recruit

Post by seekandstroy »

Well, it seems that the fastest and easiest way to officially join is to get the line officer's uniform first. All I need with that is the code cylinders, boots, and rank bar(s).

I'm still trying to figure out, however, what the rank bars stand for... I read some articles explaining them, but I'm still a little too confused...

EDIT: Oh, and I like your post count when I read it.... 666 posts? Nice
Michael Erdelyi

Carbondale, IL

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12079

Post by Drk_Trooper »

If your looking for help on the line officer, another good place to join up in is the Imperial Officers Corp forum. Lots of great guys and gals to help where we can.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Glad to see you made it over here, welcome!

Mark

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

The Line Officer does have some of the same costume elements as the TIE Fighter Pilot, but the largest difference is that the Officer has a tunic and pants, while the TIE Pilot has a jumpsuit. So you might want to look at joining up with an Imperial Crewman... With the exception of his hat, a Crewman uses every piece of their costume in creating a TIE Pilot. :thumbsup:

As you get started, check out this PDF: bit.ly/1ckGKzN
It will tell you where to go for more information. But the quick answer is that you should join the Detachment forums for the costume(s) you want to build. Most of the researrch resources you'll need should be there. But keep up here, too, though! We've got lots of local experts on all manner of costumes who might be able to help you with hands-on assistance!

Oh, and we don't really call our costumes "cosplay" around here. The 501st is serious business! We don't "play" around! ;)
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

seekandstroy
Imperial Recruit

Post by seekandstroy »

Fleetfang wrote:The Line Officer does have some of the same costume elements as the TIE Fighter Pilot, but the largest difference is that the Officer has a tunic and pants, while the TIE Pilot has a jumpsuit. So you might want to look at joining up with an Imperial Crewman... With the exception of his hat, a Crewman uses every piece of their costume in creating a TIE Pilot. :thumbsup:

[...]

Oh, and we don't really call our costumes "cosplay" around here. The 501st is serious business! We don't "play" around! ;)
First off, I will take IC into account. If it ends up being cheaper, I will go that route. However, it seems that THIS is made to 501st standards, however, I am planning on asking for a second look to verify.

Second, duly noted about "cosplay" not being accepted. I've been poking around, and I see exactly what you mean by this. Personally, I can't wait until I become an official member. (Note to self: do not use that term)
Michael Erdelyi

Carbondale, IL

Atrek
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 82659

Post by Atrek »

Check the Imperial Officer Corps board on the cosplaysky uniform. I think that one will work as I've seen it referenced, but sometimes things change. If anything I know that you will need the belt and boots still. An IC/TI (German jackboots or engineer boots) does have different boots than a line officer (riding/esquetarian (don't know if I spelled that right) boots). I'd also register to the Jolly Roger Squadron forums as both were helpful with my IC.
IC-82659
Reserve Pilot (TI)/Imperial Bridge Crewman (IC)

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Atrek is correct. The Cosplaysky/CosplayYing/etc Imperial belts available through complete costumes on eBay do not meet Legion standards.
The Imperial Officer Corps Detachment can help guide you on what will work and what won't. :thumbsup:
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Atrek
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 82659

Post by Atrek »

Cosplaysky is still up for reference/possible uniforms (just checked today). Though it has to be the 'updated' or 'NEW' versions for approval, so I'd double check, possibly via a private message on the IOC boards with BJSavage7 (Detachment Leader for Officer's) or check some of the build threads to find out which one can work for a Line Officer.

Links to the IOC's Info and discussions on Cosplaysky:
http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/in ... ysky-info/
http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/in ... -feedback/
IC-82659
Reserve Pilot (TI)/Imperial Bridge Crewman (IC)

seekandstroy
Imperial Recruit

Post by seekandstroy »

Thank you Atrek and Fleetfang. I'm checking that out now.
Michael Erdelyi

Carbondale, IL

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

Welcome to MWG and the future home of the Lucas Museum.. :D

You made a great decsion to join the best Garrison in this fair land. We are here to help you with whatever you need to get your costume approved. Good luck with the build.

Sarge