Moderator: Garrison Officers

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 8968

IL - Chicago - "All Childish Things" Show and Gala 12-1-11

Post by Fleetfang »

Having conducted a solo recon of the Greenhouse Theater in Chicago last month, Trooper 8968 returned on the evening of December 1st with a full display of the Midwest Garrison's might!

Hubris Productions invited the 501st to return to their production of "All Childish Things," a play by Honorary Member of the Legion, Joseph Zettlemeier, about a quartet of friends with a desperate plan to pull of the greatest heist of all time - stealing all of the original Star Wars toys secreted away in a Kenner warehouse. We arrived early to help promote the show on the street, and unexpectedly ran into a whole Bird of Prey's worth of Kingons -- actors from the production of "A Klingon Christmas Carol," also running at the Greenhouse. After dozens of pictures, we quickly doffed our helmets to take in the performance. After the curtain call, we suited back up for more pictures with the audience and the cast during a pizza-and-Mountain Dew reception. We all participated in a surprisingly-challenging trivia contest. Always one to make the Legion proud, TB-8968 outscored everyone there to take first place, and close behind him was Rebel Scum Destiny Froste, who had infiltrated the event. :)

Also in attendance was BH-9039, Boba Fett, as a guest of honor for the show. The galaxy's most notorious bounty hunter factors strongly in the play's second act, and the cast, crew, and audience were all ecstatic to have him there.

This event also marked the first troop for new member of the Legion, TD-6074, who handled his new role as though he'd been in armor for years! Congratulations on your first deployment, trooper!

Everyone say "Nook Nekh!" :D
This little boy's father double parked on Clark Street and jumped out of his SUV to get his son's picture with us. The boy was a little overwhelmed, but Dad was super thrilled to see us!

Additional photos: http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g39 ... nd%20gala/

Mission report for Opening Night: http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/vi ... 17&t=12911

Roster:
Brian Troyan, TB-8968
Destiny Froste, ID-6216 (as Padme Amidala)
Dan Moriarity, BH-9039
Joe Orlando, TD-6074
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4913

Re: IL - Chicago - "All Childish Things" Show and Gala 12-1-

Post by crix »

added to TOD

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

Good job and a well written report. :thumbs:

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Thanks, Ed! Honestly, it was a ton of fun, and it was a great opportunity for Dan and Joe to take their wives out to a show and troop at the same time!
This was the third event I've done with a theater in Chicago this year (though this was the first time that it was more than just me there! ;) ), but every time, the cast and crew have been really, really excited to see the 501st and very appreciative of our support!
Library troops might have the best kids, but I think theater troops might have the best hosts! ;)

What I'm saying is that it was a real pleasure to be a part of this, and I want to send up a big THANK YOU to the members who came out to make it a whole lot more fun!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

TK9039
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9039

Post by TK9039 »

We had a good time and yes it did get to double duty as a "date night" for the wife and I! and I bought an R2 cooler from the stage ...I have asked all the cast to sign it.