Hello from Oswego, IL

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

mack0327
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 32783

Hello from Oswego, IL

Post by mack0327 »

Hello from Oswego, IL!

My name is Joel McNabb and I am excited to join the Midwest Garrison and 501st! I am an OG, 52 year old fan of SW as I stood in line for two hours back in Dallas, Texas back on May 25, 1977. I consider my life in two categories: Life before, and after, Star Wars (ANH). Greorge Lucas's vision of the galaxy changed my life and I have been in a galaxy far away ever since.

My daughter is grown and married and lives north of Dallas. I have no other children so I find I have a lot of time to fill up on my weekends. I am hoping that I can be an active and reliable member of the local Garrison and troop regularly.

I work with Tom Rosy at The Home Depot and he got me on the right track for my gear. I ordered a ANH Stunt TK kit from Trooper Stuff in Scotland and they are making the kit to fit as I type this. I also ordered a deluxe EMC E-11 Blaster from Troopacola in England. Marc Connor (Troopacola) was the second in the World to achieve Centurion in the 501st wearing Doug's kit from Trooper Stuff. Lastly, I ordered the TRamp voice amplification system from TRamp in England. All of these items are scheduled to be delivered to me prior to June 1, 2023.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone, especially in the Chicago Burbs. Oswego is one of the far, west Burbs and I have no problem traveling to wherever events/get togethers are located.

MTFBWY,

Joel
951-392-0345

Reason:

mack0327
MWG Member
MWG Member

Re: Hello from Oswego, IL

Post by mack0327 »

I hope this posted. I was required to save it as a draft as I got an error code when I tried to submit.

Reason:

SL9965
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
501st Legion ID: 9965

Post by SL9965 »

Welcome to the group!

Reason:
Chip Childress
TK/DS 9965
MWG Trooper of the Year 2011

mack0327
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by mack0327 »

SL9965 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:57 am
Welcome to the group!
Thank you, Chip!

Reason:

Rex Fett
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
501st Legion ID: 3499

Post by Rex Fett »

Hey Joel, welcome to the club. Someone from the SpecOps Team will be reaching out soon.

Reason:
Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I started yesterday.