Transferred in from the German Garrison

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TieFighterAce
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 18493

Transferred in from the German Garrison

Post by TieFighterAce »

Hello fellow Midwest Garrison troopers!

My name is Donald Miner and I have just transferred in from the German Garrison, Arma Candida Squad in the Southwest Germany Stuttgart area. My wife and I are excited to be here after living abroad for the last 12 years. We are stationed at Scott Air Force Base for the foreseeable future. My wife is Alexandria and she is a huge supporter of the Legion, though not a trooper yet. She is a busy woman believe me and she has organized, planned and coordinated several trooping events at multiple military bases in Japan and Germany over the last several years. A few of which were cannon events sponsored by Lucasfilms and Hasbro. We hope to bring these same opportunities here to Scott AFB for our new trooper family as well as meeting up in other areas! Any troopers down here close to Scott, shoot me a private message if you are interested in coming to the base for some fun! We are discussing a may the 4th event potentially.

I have been flying for the Empire since 2015 and initially joined the Legion with the Japanese Garrison in Okinawa Japan. It was a great time and I was part of only three original troopers there until we grew our tiny "squad" prior to my departure. We moved from Japan in 2016 and I transferred into the German Garrison and joined the worlds largest Garrison with over 1000 active troopers. Let me tell you guys, it was awesome! At most major events, we would absolutely swarm the venue with hundreds and hundreds of troopers. Even while actively trooping, it was hard not to Geek out while seeing more Star Wars characters in armor and uniform than on the sets of Disney during filming our favorite shows! :mrgreen:

A little about me. I am U.S. Navy (Retired) Special Operations Medical Deep Sea Diver and Paratrooper. It was a busy lifestyle. :D I served until 2015 and have been enjoying retirement since that time. :bar: The wife is the money maker now! :shock: I restore old GT BMX bikes, troop events and work on my Honda race cars for fun. We are still settling in to our lives back in the US, it has been a steep learning curve after 12 years away.

I think that about covers it. It is time to make dinner! Looking forward to meeting all of you at events here in Illinois! Please feel free to touch base if you need anything. Seriously, we are happy to be here with you all and can't wait to meet you. Please take care.

For the Empire!

Don

Reason:
A wise Master Diver and good friend once told me..."Training Navy Divers isn't a burden, it is a privilege. Beating students however is just a good time." He was right!

emmzone22
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 21470

Re: Transferred in from the German Garrison

Post by emmzone22 »

Welcome, Don!

Thanks for sharing and serving! I've been to Scott a few times for air shows. My son who recently just got out of the Marines, taught rifle training there on occasion. I, myself, am a Stormtrooper living in Shelbyville, IL. It's probably 2 hours or so NE towards the middle of the state. Anything you plan on base, count me in! I love going there. There are only a few troopers in that region but more so across the river in St. Louis.

I look forward to meeting and trooping with you sometime! Good luck to you and your wife getting settled back in.

Reason:
Chris Stewart

Image Image

marriott211
Garrison Captain of the Guard
Garrison Captain of the Guard
501st Legion ID: 21175

Post by marriott211 »

Welcome to the Garrison Don! Ia the Garrison Captain of the Guard. I live about 3 hours away in the Champaign area. I'm an OT TI and ANH TK. Chris is right, not a lot of troopers in Illinois by you but just across the river is the 70th Garrison. Great group of folks there. You'll have ample trooping opportunities there for sure!

You'll see we do quite a lot in the MWG. There's always something going on up north in the Chicago area. Peoria has some events throughout the year as well. The big evebt ,coming up in June, is Joliet Star Wars Day. A can't miss for sure! Jump over to the events boards and take a look at what's going on!

Glad to have you here!
-Jim

Reason:
Garrison Guard
IC/TI/TK-21175
ImageImageImage

Hunterkiller86
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 19865

Post by Hunterkiller86 »

welcome!

Reason:
costumes
ANH TK
Imperial Officer
Imperial Scanning Crew (ESB)

TieFighterAce
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 18493

Post by TieFighterAce »

:bucketsoff:

Thank you for the welcome thus far!

Jim, good information about the 70th Garrison. I appreciate that and will definitely look into reaching out to them for trooping and support opportunities.

Chris, I will message you directly when we are going to push forward with any future events here at the base just to keep you informed. We appreciate the support and the drive time! We will post it on the boards once we work some things out and route it through the command leadership here.

We are still trying to find a place to live and get integrated into life here. We like to stay busy! The market down here is insane so use the force and wish us luck! We are going to need it.

Reason:
A wise Master Diver and good friend once told me..."Training Navy Divers isn't a burden, it is a privilege. Beating students however is just a good time." He was right!

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Welcome!

Reason:

evnltr
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9921

Post by evnltr »

Hi Don! Welcome! I'm up in Girard, IL. Maybe not too far from where you might be. We just moved here only a few months ago from Colorado. I'm still trying to get settled myself. Hope to see and meet you at a future troop!

Reason: