Hello from Girard, IL

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

evnltr
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9921

Hello from Girard, IL

Post by evnltr »

Hello Troopers!

My name is Justin Philpott. This month I celebrate 20 years as a member of the 501st. I first joined in Feb. 2002 out in Boulder, Colorado with the Mountain Garrison. So long time trooper here. I rock the ESB Stormtrooper, and Biker Scout (1st Lancer approved Mountain Garrison member for the Pathfinders detachment). I'm currently working on a ROTJ Boba Fett, but it's a multi year project.

Grad from Southern Illinois, Carbondale (so know my way around the south state). I am a big fan of skiing, hiking, and kayaking. I work a remote job in the Edtech industry. I'm originally from Jacksonville, IL. My wife and I still have family there. After a series of unfortunate events, we have had to move back to be closer to family and help take care of our moms. We recently moved to Girard, IL at the end of 2021. Can't find it on the map? I couldn't either at first. I guess you call it "South, Central" Illinois? It's certainly rural! I've finally gotten sort of settled although I still have very little furniture. I made sure to get connected with the Midwest Garrison here and transfer over.

As I get a little more settled, I will be trying to meet up at some of our events. I wanted to be sure I reached out and said hi on the forums here first. I don't use much social media. I tend to be a forum rider for most of my info. Feel free to reach out to me on a PM or email. My email is evnltr@yahoo.com. "evnltr" has always been my user name. It's named after a late night talk show I used to film with my best friend from the late 80s in highschool and in college called "Even Later". Luckily, this happened before the time of social media so those videos stay safely... offline. LOL!

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all! I've heard nothing but good things about the Midwest Garrison! See you on the forums!

Justin Philpott
TB9921

Reason:

evnltr
MWG Member
MWG Member

Re: Hello from Girard, IL

Post by evnltr »

There wouldn't happen to be a trooper map for the Garrison would there? I was just curious how many troopers are central to South and how many events might occur down here. I was lucky living by Denver. Most of my events were close. Looks like some trips to Chicago are in store for me...

Reason:

emmzone22
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 21470

Post by emmzone22 »

Welcome, Justin!

I live in Shelbyville which is east of you about an hour or so away. The closest trooper to you lives in Jacksonville which is north of you and west of Springfield. There used to be a trooper map accessible from the 501st website, but I don't know if it still exists.

Since you mentioned you're an SIU grad, Saluki Con is coming up on April 16th and is held in the Student Center. It's scaled back this year to a one day event because of COVID, but It would be great to meet you! I can't get you access to the forums, but I can give you the details of the troop if you'd like.

Feel free to reach out anytime!

Reason:
Chris Stewart

Image Image

evnltr
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by evnltr »

Hi Chris! Thank you for the tip and welcome! I will look up the con and see if I can attend. It's been a long time since I've been back to SIU, so it would be good to tie that in with a visit. It will be nice to meet you!

If any other troopers are close to Girard, feel to reach out to me. I'd be happy to meet up some time when all the winter and ice subside.

Reason:

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Welcome, Justin!

We normally have quite a few events in the Peoria, Bloomington/Normal and Champaign areas. The Springfield area was starting to pickup to before COVID put a halt to events. So once we get back to normal you will have options closer than Chicago. There are many events that are definitely worth the drive though.

Reason:

skittle76
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 17676

Post by skittle76 »

Welcome Justin. I live in Jacksonville right now. Good to see somebody else within my region. I'll shoot you an email shortly. Take care.

Reason:
Thomas (Skittle)
TX/TK/SL/BH-17676

evnltr
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by evnltr »

Hi Mark! Thanks for letting me know about that. Springfield is close. I could attend those pretty easy. I'm happy to hear that city might get on the radar once in a while for some troops. I'll try and watch for those once I get access to events threads.

Thanks for reaching out Thomas! I just sent you an email. You will have a car pool buddy here!

Reason: