Hello from The Chicago Suburbs!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

AonaranIontha
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from The Chicago Suburbs!

Post by AonaranIontha »

Hello everyone! My name is Anna, I'm brand new here. I moved from Plainfield, IL to Villa Park, IL just last year.

I just recently started delving into the world of the 501st legion and am currently in the middle of building an Imperial ISB Officer Uniform to submit for approval and after that a Ysanne Isard Uniform ( I apparently really like anything Imperial Intelligence). Though I'm struggling with a couple things on it which I'm hoping to find some help with here, I'm half way to completion with it. I've been a Star Wars fan for the longest of time and have known about the legion for half as long as I've been a Star Wars fan, I just never really attempted to join due to lack of sewing confidence but clearly that's changed now. I have always loved doing volunteer work, and am currently volunteering for the Lombard Historical Society, I'm hoping the Midwest Garrison is a group I can do even more volunteer work with as well and the added bonus of dressing up in sharp Star Wars uniforms and making new friends who happen to be big into Star Wars since my move to Villa Park.

I look forward to trooping with and meeting all of you and hopefully build new lifelong friendships as well

-Anna

Reason:

marriott211
Garrison Captain of the Guard
Garrison Captain of the Guard
501st Legion ID: 21175

Re: Hello from The Chicago Suburbs!

Post by marriott211 »

Hi Anna, welcome aboard!

If you're on Facebook, we have a group dedicated to helping prospective members get their costumes completed and submitted. Please send me a Friend request and we can get you added ASAP!

Reason:
Garrison Guard
IC/TI/TK-21175
ImageImageImage

Darth_Hardware
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 45121

Re: Hello from The Chicago Suburbs!

Post by Darth_Hardware »

Welcome! I grew up in the Naperville area and now way south in Peotone! I drive through Plainfield all the time to get my daughter.

Reason:
-Darth_Hardware
TK-45121