Hello from Iowa!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

MootBando
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from Iowa!

Post by MootBando »

Hello everyone! I talked to some recruiters at the C2E2 booth and they said it'd be a good idea to register to the local forums. I am not a member of the 501st(yet) although it has been a lifelong dream and goal of mine. Now that I have the time and wages I am excited to get started.

A little about me:
-From Davenport, IA
-Programmer
-Working on a mandalorian outfit
-I went to C2E2 with Matt the Radar technician & Randy the Intern costumes.

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Hello from Iowa!

Post by Avatar190 »

Greetings Matthew, welcome to the forums. So, being from the Quad Cities area, you have the unique opportunity to choose which garrison you might wish to join up with. You are always welcome to troop with any garrison, being a member of the Legion, but your home garrison is where you tend to do most of your activities. Since you are on the Iowa side of the Quad, you would normally fall into Central Garrison territory, and be joining up with them. However, if your journeys take you into Illinois more frequently, you might be compelled to join Midwest.

Are you working on a Mandalorian outfit that happens to also be a 501st Legion one as well? Or what were you thinking of working on to join the 501st? You do have a wide range of options, some being more difficult than others, and harder to source the materials and fabricate. Others can be assembled quite easily. What appeals to you currently?
We need no longer fear the banana.