Trooper reassignment to the Midwest

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TI14812
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 14812

Trooper reassignment to the Midwest

Post by TI14812 »

Good morning,

My name Matt, TI-14812 and I will be moving to Illinois at the end of next month from Southern California (sun to snow weird right). Just wanted to introduce myself and say I am looking forward to meeting and trooping with everyone! I have a variety of approved costumes and countless other works in progress (don’t we all lol). I can usually be found trooping in my 181st tie Pilot, but will occasionally pull out the imperial gunner from time to time. Excited to start trooping and getting to know everyone.

marriott211
Garrison Captain of the Guard
501st Legion ID: 21175

Re: Trooper reassignment to the Midwest

Post by marriott211 »

TI14812 wrote:Good morning,

My name Matt, TI-14812 and I will be moving to Illinois at the end of next month from Southern California (sun to snow weird right). Just wanted to introduce myself and say I am looking forward to meeting and trooping with everyone! I have a variety of approved costumes and countless other works in progress (don’t we all lol). I can usually be found trooping in my 181st tie Pilot, but will occasionally pull out the imperial gunner from time to time. Excited to start trooping and getting to know everyone.
Hi Matt! Welcome to the MWG, in advance! Where in Illinois will you be moving?

As an FYI, the Garrison has a TIE Flight, the Midwest Mynocks, and we'd love to have you be a part of it!

-Jim
Garrison Guard
IC/TI/TK-21175
ImageImageImage

TI14812
501st Member
501st Member

Post by TI14812 »

Still exploring options on where we are moving, looking at Carbon Cliff currently but also looking in the Cedar Rapids Iowa area. Judging by the location looks like I’ll be right on the border between Central Garrison and Midwest Garrison. I would love to be a part of the flight! I’ll definitely plan on bringing so cal Garrison swag to trade as well when I meet everyone.

marriott211

Post by marriott211 »

Excellent! We're definitely lacking in membership in that area of the state. Probably a little tight on your timeline, but the end of February is C2E2 in Chicago. If you can swing it, even for a day, try to make it out. We have a big presence there.

Also, you'll want to plan on attending the Joliet Library Star Wars Day on the first Saturday of June. MASSIVE event that brings in folks from all over.

Looking forward to meeting you!
-Jim
Garrison Guard
IC/TI/TK-21175
ImageImageImage

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome!

You have a PM.
We need no longer fear the banana.

TI14812
501st Member
501st Member

Post by TI14812 »

marriott211 wrote:Excellent! We're definitely lacking in membership in that area of the state. Probably a little tight on your timeline, but the end of February is C2E2 in Chicago. If you can swing it, even for a day, try to make it out. We have a big presence there.

Also, you'll want to plan on attending the Joliet Library Star Wars Day on the first Saturday of June. MASSIVE event that brings in folks from all over.

Looking forward to meeting you!
-Jim
I was reading about the event in Joliet, it looks like a super rad time. I’ll definitely plan on attending, plus my brother lives in Minooka so no hotel costs lol.

marriott211

Post by marriott211 »

TI14812 wrote:I was reading about the event in Joliet, it looks like a super rad time. I’ll definitely plan on attending, plus my brother lives in Minooka so no hotel costs lol.
Fantastic! We'll have quite the group there. There will be some upcoming info posted on the boards here, as well as the Facebook page for the event.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1821662274828451/

If you're going to be trooping it (you are, right?) you'll need to get some additional access set up. I'm sure Mike, our GML, will get you taken care of in that regards.

-Jim
Garrison Guard
IC/TI/TK-21175
ImageImageImage