Finalizing New Armor

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

thirdandking
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Finalizing New Armor

Post by thirdandking »

My name is Pete Moore and I recently joined the forum at the advice of Targ. I am really interested in joining the Midwest Garrison. I am a lifelong Star Wars fan and met someone in the 501st when I first moved to the US from Australia eight years ago and since then have been keen to join.

A few months ago I got my Anovos Stormtrooper kit. I have been painstakingly cutting out and sanding the armor and following directions from whitearmor.net.

I am at the stage where I am ready to assemble the kit. I really want to make sure I am doing it right so I am able to join the Midwest Garrison. I live in Lake Forest and was wondering if there is anyone in the area who would be able to spare some time to help me assemble the armor. I am happy to travel and bring beers!

I am just nervous about messing up along the way and assembling the armor in a way that would affect becoming a member of the Garrison. I appreciate any assistance or advice.

Cheers,

Pete

Lucky
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 13132

Re: Finalizing New Armor

Post by Lucky »

There are a number a people around her waist hat could probably help you out and there are armor parties every now and again

That being said I'm sure you can do it yourself. You sound like you made a good start already. The scariest part is always the first. Start with something simple. I started with the forearm. Use e6000 glue it comes apart easily if you mess up. If you have questions as you go stop, take pictures, and ask either here or on white armor. You may get a faster response on white armor. And you can also ask in the Wampa room on Facebook. If you don't have access to it let us know and someone will add you

Good luck! You'll do great!
Jeff
TK 13132

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Welcome Pete!

I haven't heard of any armor parties being hosted upcoming. If I see any, I will try to remember to post here about it. If you're on Facebook, feel free to write a post on the 501st Midwest Garrison page (https://www.facebook.com/midwestgarrison/?fref=ts), and someone might be able to chime in there too (if they miss this post). ;)

Also Facebook related, there is an Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/838545079553903/), where there is a TON of information about the Anovos build. I ordered a TX (Shadow) myself, so I've been watching that page, because that will be my first armor build, whenever it ships.

Hope all goes well, and see you out there soon! :)
We need no longer fear the banana.

thirdandking
Imperial Recruit

Post by thirdandking »

Hi Mike and Jeff,

Thank you both for your replies. I will keep an eye out for an amor party, that seems like a great solution. Building a kit for the first time by myself feels feels like wandering through the dark alone. I will check out the Facebook Anovos page. Thanks for the link. I will also start on something small and picked up the e6000 glue to so I can get started today.

Thanks again for your advice.

Pete

Lucky
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 13132

Post by Lucky »

I agree that getting started is a bit scary. I built my TK by myself and I had zero experience costuming. Once you put a few pieces together you will gain confidence!
Jeff
TK 13132

riverstormtrooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 71709

Post by riverstormtrooper »

2nd best thing is building your armor, the best thing is trooping in it! I was telling people at C2E2 its like building a scratch built hotrod, its about patience and having it all rewarded in the end. Look around for troopers advice, youtube videos posted by members armor build and FISD. Many people use different types of snaps, width of elastic and ways to trim etc. Its all about figuring out what works for you not other troopers. GOOD LUCK and have fun building! :thumbs:
Dustin Ebers
FISD TK 71709

I love wearing my bucket, it keeps the gray hairs hidden!

thirdandking
Imperial Recruit

Post by thirdandking »

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Hopefully I will see you out there trooping in the coming months. Pete

riverstormtrooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 71709

Post by riverstormtrooper »

thirdandking wrote:Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Hopefully I will see you out there trooping in the coming months. Pete
So many choices of trooping events, from parades, hospital visits, to lego land even! :thumbs:
Dustin Ebers
FISD TK 71709

I love wearing my bucket, it keeps the gray hairs hidden!

Rex Fett
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
501st Legion ID: 3499

Post by Rex Fett »

Welcome to the MWG family. PM me your email address so I can send you some info. We're a planning a little get together to work on a future member Anovos Kit.
Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I started yesterday.