New Recruit, Anxious to get started!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

SignTrooper
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

New Recruit, Anxious to get started!

Post by SignTrooper »

Hope you are all well,

I'd like to introduce myself: my name is Keith, and I live in Oswego. I am a special education teacher who works with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students at the junior high level.

I can remember getting my first Stormtrooper costume back in about 1978 or so - do you remember the vinyl one piece costumes that came in a box with a plastic mask held on by an elastic string? I wish I had a picture of it now.

I've always been attracted to the classic TK Stormtrooper look, and recently ordered from Anovos (although, I am a little worried about the fit - depending on which part of my body I measured, I qualified for M-2XL. I went with the XL and send an email requesting support - asking if something was really off, would they help me out, and the reply I got the next day was yes.) So, I'm also on that list of people who will be waiting until the late fall for my kit. Thought I'd better reach out sooner than later.

I've seen the 501st at Comic Con Chicago, and recently went to Star Wars Days at the Joliet Public Library. Very impressed with everyone's work on their costumes. Even more impressed with all of the charity events and promotions you do as a group. That is really what sealed it for me.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, learning from you, and someday marching beside you.

-Keith
"SignTrooper"

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 51114

Re: New Recruit, Anxious to get started!

Post by Chills »

Hi Keith, welcome to the Garrison!

Like I tell the others that want to build a TK suit: excellent choice!!! But I'm biased... I finished mine at the end of May; I'm a relatively new stormtrooper.

Very cool about ordering the Anovos. There are a number of TK hopefuls that are waiting for the suits to start shipping out. There are also a number of experience builders on this site, and on FISD, so the many questions you're going to have will be answered. Remember, we all started right where you are, so ask away. :thumbs:

I was also at Star Wars day, it was my first troop. Did you see the kinda short TK in the gleaming white armor in front of the museum? That'd be me. LOL

RedMask
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 33050

Re: New Recruit, Anxious to get started!

Post by RedMask »

Hello Keith,

I am a new recruit as well and I just happened to notice your screen name. I'm conversant in SEE (not fluent, by any means) but I know how much some people appreciated it when I was a Ghostbuster and was able to communicate with people the rest of the squad could not. If we meet on a troop then I look forward to signing with you and learning more fluency.

Plus, if the helmet radios break, it would be super easy for us to still communicate.
Stay Super, Stormtrooper!
- Lord Vader