Recently became new member

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

G-force1
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Recently became new member

Post by G-force1 »

Hi, everyone my name is Gary Mortland sometimes known as G-man by past workers. I am very much interested in building a costume and be a part of something great. I have been recently chatting with a current member Mark Berry. He has given me so much information i can't even image , some one of his personality just talking to a complete stranger and so very helpful he is, thank u very much. I work a second shift job that just barely pays my bills, it's not glamourous but I have survived raising two beautiful kids. I have a great Star Wars collection, I have been a fan since the early on. My wife has helped collect a lot of things over 20 some years maybe buying a figure or ship here and there, but the one thing I would love to do is create a costume become something great and help those who are in need of to just give them back a piece of themselves. I have very little money but I wou ld love any ideas that anyone can offer. Mark Berry said to introduce myself and he said great people to ask would be Kim and Hawk Worley. Thank u everyone and mtfbwy always.

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12079

Re: Recently became new member

Post by Drk_Trooper »

Welcome Gary!!

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

That Mark (BLUERAM) guy isn't too bad. Welcome from the big city of Washington. What information you don't get from picking our brains, you'll be sure to find by visiting the detachment pages. Any idea what costume you're pursuing?
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

G-force1
Imperial Recruit

Post by G-force1 »

I would like to become a storm trooper, they have always stuck in my mind evere since episode 4 came out to theaters back in late 70's. It just looks to be the easy option. On the other hand Mark Berry said the Mandalorians, armor are easy to do . I have seen several of them and the look really cool. Back when the Nexu-Clan, was at the Marigold Festival a few years back my son and I were being arrested by them. Talk about a bunch of cool guys , they made my whole year just to interact with them. Those would be my two choices. How about you Big Papa Kev. I've never been so overwhelmed with excitement that I'm actually found and talking to all of you. Like I told Mark, though my biggest obstacle is my financial aspect. I work as a 2nd shift custodian that pays only 27000 a years most of time , I struggle to pays bills I pretty much live check to check, but I do it for my kids. Some how I've managed to do this for a while. Over twenty years I have collected a good amount of action figures and play sets, with loose change or leftover money. My wife , is awesome she'll look for me too and she's the biggest reason why I have the collection I do. I would love to suit up to smiles on people's and children's faces, so they know there is hope out there. Sorry for rambling. You all are great group of people , very inspirational and I hope to join u all . Thak u mtfbwy. G-force 1

G-force1
Imperial Recruit

Post by G-force1 »

Thank you dark trooper, for welcoming me into something great. If I only get as far as meeting you in costumes and talking face to face with some of u,or perhaps just a quick picture, I will ever so greatful. Thanks and mtfbwy.g-force 1