Aloha from Lockport, IL...assistance requested.

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

adopelexis
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Aloha from Lockport, IL...assistance requested.

Post by adopelexis »

OK finally got my AM kit. I am not the most "handy" person in the world(banker by professsion), but a life long Star Wars fanatic as my collection of light sabers and other Star Wars memorabilia can attest. I want to get this right the first time, is there anyone that can provide some one on one initial guidance? Once I have an idea what everything needs to look like, I can do the trimming, gluing, etc. Think of me like a blank canvas of everything you wanted to do to your armor. I have looked a lot at the forums and builds, but scared to do my first cuts without any professional guidance. I do want have a suit that MWG would approve because I want to do some volunteer work.

A couple must haves:
Helmet: Fans, Wireless Mic with "static", need comfortability as I run hot
Suit: the best configuration for in and out as I have a small bladder( i know TMI)

I have reached out to Gazmosis, but he is currently involved in a couple builds. With Joliet's Star Wars Day coming up, I hope to have completed by then.

Is there anyone that can help??? Your help will not go unappreciated, especially if you are a beer drinker.

Thank you to all that read this and those willing to help. Please PM me.

Alex

TS826
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 826

Re: Aloha from Lockport, IL...assistance requested.

Post by TS826 »

Welcome Alex.

The first cuts are easier than you may think.

Trace the piece with a pencil.
Use some cutting snips or a rotary tool to cut to line, while still able to just see the pencil mark.
Finish off with some different grades of sandpaper, until the line just disappears.
The result will be smooth clean lines. Almost foolproof.
Think of it as a life-size model kit.

Fans = pc fans. Choose your own size and add some batteries (many choose 9v)
Wireless Mic with "static" = Wireless is a little tougher than running a wire to a hidden speaker, but can and has been done.
For the voice and static, perform search for... [ iComm: Imperial Communication System ]... and [ Aker Amplifier].
That is the latest combo that many use, and is a nice setup.

An easy under suit is through the use of "Under Armor" (Top and bottom).
You could get a bit more elaborate and have a one piece suit made with hand and feet stirrups (to keep the sleeves and legs tight), along with a zipper fly.
But, really is not necessary for most situations.

I think that covers your current list, but of course as you progress, shout out here and all will be happy to give you ideas of what might work best.