Hello...from Princeton IL

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

flthymcnsty
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello...from Princeton IL

Post by flthymcnsty »

Hello, My Name is Ryan and I am from Princeton Illinois. I have been here on the boards for about a year but figured I would introduce my self.

I am currently doing my homework with the help of the GLM to get accepted officially.

I started my hobby as a helmet collector and have ammassed a collection I have quite proud of. Also, last year I began my first droid, a full size aluminum RC R2-D2. I am a member of the R2 Builders club under the same user name.

Here are a few pics to share.

scrapin_frame
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12180

Re: Hello...from Princeton IL

Post by scrapin_frame »

Wow, that's quite a collection!
Welcome aboard

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

This dude- is a BOSS !!

An arf and incinerator clones
Brother from another mother ;)

Welcome !!!!!!!!!
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

Dakota2060
Imperial Recruit

Post by Dakota2060 »

Quite the collection I love it! And an R2 build!

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6773

Post by seven skulls »

Nice stuff.
I travel to Princeton once a year for the
Midwest Power rocket launch in the fall.
Are you planning to use one of those buckets?

Scott Goebel
Wisconsin Garrison
Ace of Aces
TI, IG 6773

flthymcnsty
Imperial Recruit

Post by flthymcnsty »

I probably won't join as an armored character as I am paralyzed from an auto accident. This makes wearing the armor in my wheelchair quite difficult and from what I could imagine rather uncomfortable. If I could, I have the full Cody Armor that would probably get me pretty darn close to the Legion requirements. (It is a DW Designs build.)

I have had some conversations with the GML and per his suggestions, I may try one of the non armor imperial characters such as an AT-ST Driver, Death Star Gunner or Imperial Navy Trooper. I do have helmets for each of those costumes, I would just need to see if the quality is there for Legion acceptance. Other than the AT-ST, the other two have been purchased from other Legion members so they should be close. I built the AT-ST myself from an RS Props TS kit and I know at this point there are a few simple alterations I would need to get there.

Unfortunately, I am in the midst of the R2-D2 Build and as you can well imagine, his thirst for aluminum parts doesn't always leave much left in the prop/costuming piggy bank. I hope to get there soon and become a full accepted member of the Legion. I like what you folks do and stand for and it is that same sense of giving that helped me make the decision to build Artoo.

In time...

OH...ETA....if you are ever back in town...feel free to shoot me a PM or email, I love to share the collection with other true SW fans.

On a different note...here are a few helmets I have painted up since the collection photo was posted in my original post as well as two great creature busts I just received. The 187th and 442nd where just weathered so they are still waiting on visors and frown mesh.

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6773

Post by seven skulls »

You could certainly do the Imperial gunner.
Looks like a good bucket in your picture.
All you need is the flightsuit - $129 at Wampa wear
A belt and buckle - Easy build.
Gloves
Jack Boots
You don't need a pauldron / bib to get in but it dresses it up some.

Scott Goebel
Wisconsin Garrison
Ace of Aces
TI, IG 6773

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

And you can use that same flight suit and belt/boots to do a Tie Pilot, Navy Trooper, & Crewman. Options my friend, options. Check out our calendar and see if you can make an event. We'd sure love to meet another recruit, especially one with such a bad a** collection. Good luck with the R2 but watch out for the Jawas lurking around the Midwest Garrison.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.