Hello!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Whirep
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello!

Post by Whirep »

Hello everyone, This is Joe, We hung out at the Bartlett parade (Myself and My Girlfriend) Sorry it has taken us so long to get on the Forums. We are located in Elgin IL, and Myself personally i am a great admirer of the 501st and appreciate the great things you guys do. I recently decided that in order for Mindy and I to get married she had to agree to do this with me :) She accepted the proposal and we are looking into getting suits made.

I am not that great with costumes so I would appreciate as much help as possible. I am going to be going for a storm trooper or officer outfit first and build up to the storm trooper. Mindy would like to be Mara Jade or a officer as well to get started.

We would love to meet people and learn new things about the 501st and the MWG. Just let us know!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Re: Hello!

Post by woulf »

welcome to the boards!
sounds like you got a keeper if she'll join in the costume craziness :mrgreen:

anyways...

there are several members here who are a wealth of knowledge. so ask away with any questions.

the costumes are broken down in groups/detachments. here's a link to all of them:
http://www.501st.com/members/displayUni ... etachments

and more specifically, stormtroopers are here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
while officers are here: http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/

all the detachment sites will have all the info to research for what you'll need.
good luck on your costume builds, look forward to trooping with you in the future.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

SL9965
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
501st Legion ID: 9965

Post by SL9965 »

Hey Joe! I met you when you walked up to the staging area. There's a ton of information on the boards and plenty of members who are willing to help.

Welcome to you and Mindy!
Chip Childress
TK/DS 9965
MWG Trooper of the Year 2011

Whirep
Imperial Recruit

Post by Whirep »

thanks guys! hopefully be able to post some work on the costumes soon!

Sakic Jade
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 52809

Post by Sakic Jade »

Welcome aboard! I live down the street in West Dundee and have a TK myself. Let me know if you need any tips or advice!
"The choices of one shape the futures of all."

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Post by Coin »

nice to see you found us, are you sewing yourselves or looking into buying, (on the officers) not the stormtroopers obviously its REALLY hard to sew armor!! You should always knit armor
DZ-12108
Kim Worley