AM ARMOR

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Shevalik
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

AM ARMOR

Post by Shevalik »

Hi, I have talked to someone about buying an AM armor kit and I was wanting to know if anyone has used this kit. This is my first build, so I am not expecting to be the best of the best, but just want to get my foot in the door. Also, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area. I am hoping for positive feedback.

hitman
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8596

Re: AM ARMOR

Post by hitman »

I have it for my TK and it is decent armor. My question is big are you? AM & RT-mod armor are made for the "bigger" trooper (tall and wide). I am 6'2" and hovering around 280lbs. I was able to just add a few shims to my abs & kidney plate to close the gaps & add a bigger cover strip on the back of my thighs to get them to sit higher on my legs.

The NEW AM kits are more accurate than what mine is, so you would have no problem going for Expert Infantry or Centurion levels on FISD.

Shevalik
Imperial Recruit

Post by Shevalik »

I am only 5'6 and weigh around 160 lbs. It is the new AM armor, I do know that. The kit comes with all armor pieces, helmet kit, and cemet and shine. It looks to be the standard price. I just want to make sure it is worth it.

hitman
501st Member
501st Member

Post by hitman »

I think AP or ATA armor may be a better fit for you, maybe even RS. I will let the other TK's that have those suits chime in with their recommendations.

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

ATA all the way. RS isn't starter armor unless someone is doing all the ground work for you. Cut your teeth on ATA.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Shevalik
Imperial Recruit

Post by Shevalik »

Who would I need to contact about an ATA armor kit? Also thank you for your input.

hitman
501st Member
501st Member

Post by hitman »

you may want to take a look at this thread on FISD:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1 ... find-them/