Hello all!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

kadonbeir
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello all!

Post by kadonbeir »

Long time admirer, first time wanna-do-that'er.

A friend who is from one of the east coast garrisons gave me a hand in figuring out what I'm doing and pointed me along this way.

Not new to the costume game, I hang with The Colonial Fleet (BSG) and the Aliens Legacy (Aliens of course!), and do my own personal projects for my other fandoms that don't quite draw large groups. And as much as my fellows won't admit it, the research, collecting, accurizing of reproductions, etc. of my reenacting (ACW, WW2, Vietnam) is somewhat similar.

Never really had time to get out to cons or public events before, DragonCon 2013 was my first, I spent plenty of time in San Diego while stationed there and could never swing passes to SDCC. The lovely part of being in the military and all. Away from all the fun stuff, never have the time to do it when it's close. (Admittedly I spent most my time at reenactments with my friends as weekend getaways from base :P )

Since then, I've been discharged after 8 years, and I've come home to Illinois (near Peoria, soon to be Bloomington) while I pursue my college and ultimately work goals for the next 4-5 years.

I am new however to the 501st community apart from seeing some of the awesome work the 501st does collectively and as garrisons for charity and of course seeing them at the conventions.

I'm fully interested in learning what I can before hitting the bricks and getting something together. Of course going TK is on my list. But I have an undying love for TIE Fighters, I blame and love my grandmother who bought me the Lucasart's game for Christmas back in the early 90's. It has turned into an obsession of laser cannons and screeching engine noises.

Looking forward to learning and meeting ya'll!

Thanks for having me aboard!

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Re: Hello all!

Post by BigPapaKev »

Welcome from Washington. Whenever you're ready you'll find plenty of help here. Two central Il guys usually host weekly armor parties and some of the best TK builders in the Legion up North so you're in good company. Looking forward to another recruit & thanks for your service soldier.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

kadonbeir
Imperial Recruit

Post by kadonbeir »

Thanks, good to know there are some locals around! I was under the impression that "well probably like mostly Chicago, no one in Central Illinois is this crazy!"

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

Welcome aboard
Im bloomington / normal
And weve a about 2 others and 2 right in hudson-heyworth
Central il is hopping right now !!

If you have questions or anything send a pm
Im familiar with many suits and info ...
If you need any help .. The mwg
Is the place to come
;)
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

June 28th is the Peoria Chiefs game, should be a big turnout of troopers local to you and a great chance to get some costume ideas
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12079

Post by Drk_Trooper »

Welcome from Macomb!

kadonbeir
Imperial Recruit

Post by kadonbeir »

Bummer I would love to go to the game but my (not so anymore) little brother's graduation party is on the 28th.

I'm sure I'll see pictures :D