Greetings from Chicago

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

scrubmonkey
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Greetings from Chicago

Post by scrubmonkey »

I just got back from C2E2 in Chicago, and finally stopped by to see what I need to get started in the 501st. I've watched you troop in parades and conventions for years, and there's always been a part of my that's been fascinated and extremely jealous. But now my son love Star Wars just like his daddy, and I realize that he shouldn't be the only one dressing up in something he loves! So here I am, ready to start working on a Stormtrooper costume.

I was directed to this website and told to say hello (thanks "Bean!") and look forward to trooping when I have what I need - I LOVE what you do for kids! Any guidance for the Stormtrooper build would be appreciated. But what I'm really wondering is what your spouses think of this - anyone have a spouse that thinks they are nuts? I know my wife won't be surprised when I say I want to do this - but she's also going to think I'm a little crazy.

Thanks for the advice!
Matt

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Re: Greetings from Chicago

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

I'm not a "spouse" but I am a girlfriend. Rob (Vadersblade), bought his first set of armor and I haven't even seen the movies at the time. I didn't think he was nuts. I just saw him following what he likes. It's good to have hobbies. It's been than most people my age that just go to bars all day. I finally saw the movies, but it wasn't until I saw all the charity work and how the 501st/Rebel Legion brighten kids' lives that I truly became a fan. I've joined up myself a few years later. I don't have the armor though. I'm usually doing support for Rob in armor so I have an reserved pilot, Jedi, and ANH Leia that I like to wear.

I'll actually be at C2E2 tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be in Leia on Sunday. :)

terryfett
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3259

Post by terryfett »

My wife STILL thinks I am nuts. :) But she knows i love it and has learned to accept it. Keep your son involved, he will be the bridge.

Jonesie
Imperial Recruit

Post by Jonesie »

Welcome scrubmonkey! I too am new, and full of questions. I was directed to join the forums for the bounty hunters detachment ( I want to build a Boushh), so I would recommend you do that as well. There is a tone of good information on those forums.

As far as spouses go, well I am lucky enough to be with someone that loves Star Wars as much as I do. Even if Jeremy didn't, he wouldn't say no. We believe that you should do what makes you happy, as long as it's legal. He is hoping to build a Biker Scout, and Stormtrooper. So good luck and maybe your wife will see the joy it brings, not just to you but to the children, and join up herself. I have heard that many families troop together.