Participating at ComiCon?

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9526

Participating at ComiCon?

Post by teach42 »

We were supposed to be out of town this weekend, but that got canceled so it looks like we're going to be around for Comicon. And since our builds are about 90% done, I was thinking this might be a great time to give them a test run!

I'm thinking about going to the Con in costume on Sunday for the kids day (Aiden is 5). Is there any way we can participate with things the MWG are doing on Sunday without being accepted into the 501st first? Doesn't seem to be any public info on any details.

More importantly, I have no idea how long he's going to be willing to wear the armor for, and I really don't want to push my luck. When you guys go to events like this, is there a place to change and/or stash your armor when you aren't 'on'? Trying to figure out if we'll need to haul back and forth to the car and such. This would be my first time armoring up outside of my kitchen, so any advice you can provide would be huge.

Thanks!
Steve

(PS, I'd put this in the Cantina but i can't seem to find it right now!)

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Re: Participating at ComiCon?

Post by BigPapaKev »

I'm sure the guys (and gals) there would love to meet you and your son. Gives you a great chance to show off your hard work and look for any possible tweaks you may need so you can get an approval on your first try. Generally, for a troop, we do request a secure changing/storage spot, although I've heard stories about parking lot dressing sessions. Hopefully someone in attendance can better answer the question regarding the situation @ CC. Have a blast trooper.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

You're more than welcome to come out. We have a changing/storage area right next to our booth so thats fine. The board is currently being cleaned up-reorganized so thats why the Cantina is moved about right now.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by teach42 »

Right on!! Of course, that means I need t figure out transport now too :) excited to finally give the gear a run!

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by teach42 »

Had a blast today!! Had a friend's daughter with me so I decided to go sans armor for myself, but Aidn's first run in his new armor was a resounding success.

Thanks to all the members of the MWG that made him feel at home! Had a fantastic time and can't wait until CVI.