Introductions

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Julie
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Introductions

Post by Julie »

Hello everyone. I heard about your group in a casual conversation referring to "the 501st". My interest in costumes and costuming goes back to undergraduate days in Theater. After a gap of many years I met the woman who is currently my Mother Superior when she was briefly the web master for a Klingon Group. While I am an ecumenical nun, my mild mannered alter ego is as a businesswoman 8:00 am to 6:30 pm 4 days a week (it helps pay the bills where we currently reside in the suburbs of Chicago).

I became interested in costuming again when my sister, a friend and I created some costumes for Teslacon 2011. With my sister's sewing help, and my leather work (including hardened leather masks) my efforts resulted in a matching Torchwood Military officer and a steampunk klingon. The costume this year for Teslacon is a Twi'lek bounty hunter.

With the advent of Star Wars The Old Republic, I find my interest in Star Wars once again re-ignited. As far as a character/costume is concerned I find myself drawn to Rianna Saren. While I am sure my leatherworking skills will be up to the task of creating Lekku, I fear my 50+ year old nunly figure isn't exaclty up to a skimpy outfit.

So that's the intro in a nutshell.

Julie

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Re: Introductions

Post by Remo »

Hi Julie, welcome.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Re: Introductions

Post by Fleetfang »

Hey there, Julie!
Great to hear that your interest in Star Wars and costuming has been rekindled!
I actually was unfamiliar with Rianna Saren and had to look her up on Wookieepedia. :lol: Since she was a criminal at one point, I believe that she'd fall into the 501st Legion, but since she eventually joined up with the Rebels, she is probably covered by either the Rebel Legion (or both the 501st and the RL).
I'm no seamster myself, but there are more than a few people here skilled with a needle and thread, if you have any questions or concerns as you construct your costume. Feel free to ask away here. Or better yet, join us out at one of our upcoming events and meet some of us face-to-face! We've got the Joliet Library Star Wars Day coming up on June 2nd, and the Bartlett July 4th Parade (on July 8th!). Both of those events should have dozens of our members in attendance, and would be a great place to meet a bunch of us!
Hope to see you out there soon!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."