New Maul

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9709

New Maul

Post by valissa »

Hey all,
I am pretty much done with my Maul, I believe...but I am unsure of the application process. With the RL, you just click a link submit the photos and cross your fingers! :)

Heres what I am planning on submitting, any guidance on what I can change/add/fix would be AMAZING! :)

THANKS !!

Note about the boots: I tried using a black covering for the reflective part of the boots and it clearly did not work! Instead I have covered them with both black tape and paint to even the look out. Now it doesn't reflect so intensely with flash.

Note about the face: The bald cap started to show after the 2nd application. This picture was taken at the fourth application so it was def. showing! I have a new cap (3 actually) for events that has been adjusted and does not show as much! :)
Valissa Lexaoel

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4913

Post by crix »

go here to start the process for joining..

http://501st.com/members/join_how.php

by the way..I dont remember if I said so at that event we did, but I thought your Maul looked awesome!

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

I dunno if you got my reply to your pm, or if Tom beat me to it.
(& I removed the double thread/post)
Just keep in mind, as it says on the site, it can take up to 3 weeks for final approval. 826 is usually pretty quick, it's the other end of things that gets slowed down.

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by valissa »

Thanks for deleting the extra post!

Thanks for the link! Everything makes sense now! haha!

thanks !

V
Valissa Lexaoel

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TB 0101 »

May I just say thank you for linking the smaller pictures? The costume looks good to my eye, which is admittedly an untrained one when it come to Maul ;) It's cool to have pics to see and not have the page bounce around on me when it loads :lol:

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by valissa »

TB 0101 wrote:May I just say thank you for linking the smaller pictures? The costume looks good to my eye, which is admittedly an untrained one when it come to Maul ;) It's cool to have pics to see and not have the page bounce around on me when it loads :lol:
No problem! I always try to link small pictures with the option to click to embiggen! haha

I see a few problems in the pictures that I fixed after wearing it out. Mainly the horns and the line of the bald cap. I am hoping I don't have to reapply the entire thing and retake the pictures to show the fix...Just because my face is still a bit raw from 3 applications last weekend! haha!

I am REALLY hoping to finally get approval...lol Being a female Maul is a challenge on its own...lol
Valissa Lexaoel

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TB 0101 »

The submissions pics are the ones that will be used for the legion site's gallery, so the next time your all decked out in costume, take another set with that in mind ;)
Be sure when you file the app that you note the alterations you've made, and that you will be taking another set of pictures for the site. This way Chip doesn't end up doing two sets :thumbsup:

*and I think you'll do a fantastic Maul, girl or no ;)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Hey, another Darth Maul! Awesome! You have way more Maul stuff than I do! :lol: Welcome to the MWG!
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by valissa »

TB 0101 wrote:The submissions pics are the ones that will be used for the legion site's gallery, so the next time your all decked out in costume, take another set with that in mind ;)
Be sure when you file the app that you note the alterations you've made, and that you will be taking another set of pictures for the site. This way Chip doesn't end up doing two sets :thumbsup:

*and I think you'll do a fantastic Maul, girl or no ;)
hopefully my next/first troop as official Maul will be Nov 20...I should have submitted my application earlier this week but life got in the way...so keeping my fingers crossed for approval before than! :)

thanks for the kind words!!
Valissa Lexaoel

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by valissa »

Jodo wrote:Hey, another Darth Maul! Awesome! You have way more Maul stuff than I do! :lol: Welcome to the MWG!
Thank you! Took a while to collect all the pieces! Just happy to finally have the whole thing complete!

:P :lol:
Valissa Lexaoel

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7242

Post by Marvinrobot »

Welcome aboard good looking maul!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

valissa wrote:
Jodo wrote:Hey, another Darth Maul! Awesome! You have way more Maul stuff than I do! :lol: Welcome to the MWG!
Thank you! Took a while to collect all the pieces! Just happy to finally have the whole thing complete!

:P :lol:
Is there ever a "complete' in costumes? :lol: :P

I applied the makeup for the first time here a few nights ago, I can't decide if I want to actualy do the costume or not.
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by valissa »

Jodo wrote:
Is there ever a "complete' in costumes? :lol: :P

I applied the makeup for the first time here a few nights ago, I can't decide if I want to actualy do the costume or not.
haha! True! there are still things left to tweak on Maul...but I at least have all of the pieces collected!

Maul is a fun costume...worst part is how much the makeup affects ur face. I am sure after applying the makeup you see what I mean! What are you using (if I can ask)? How much more of the costume do you have left? There are a few sabers on ebay right now...just as a heads up! :)
Valissa Lexaoel

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Oh yeah, as most of everyone here knows, I spend a considerable ammount of time in makeup. :lol: Check out the non-SW forum to see what I mean. :lol: A few days ago, my cousin told me I've probably had makeup on more times than she has. :lol: :lol: :lol

I'm in to doing stuff on the cheap...LOL...So the day after Halloween when Walmart put their Halloween stuff 1/2 off, I bought all those little paletes of 4 colors. :lol: It goes on ok, I had to apply a diffrent black over some of it, but overall, I was very happy with the red, considering it was only like 50 cents, LOL. :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 04jpgA.jpg

That was my first time applying it, I only used little applicators, so my lines weren't very crisp. Next time I'll so it some other way so it's not so smudgy lookin'.

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1590

Post by Sands »

Welcome to the MWG

Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3853

Post by Targ »

Welcome to the madness that is the Midwest Garrison.
Served the Empire as Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment Leader 2005-2013
Now serves as Mentor,
and Shadow Commander.

iceburgh
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9442

Post by iceburgh »

During the day a humble jedi...at night terrifying Maul... Nice work!
Chris
aka Iceburgh / Lunchbox

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by valissa »

iceburgh wrote:During the day a humble jedi...at night terrifying Maul... Nice work!
HAHA! Thanks!

:lol: :D
Valissa Lexaoel

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Looks awesome...I looked at the pics from the recent Elgin event and had no idea that was you Valissa. Good luck with your submission!

TK0585
501st Member
501st Member

Post by TK0585 »

If you havn't already, goto the SLD
http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?

Quite a few Mauls are there to help you out.
Trent
TK/SL/CC....soon DZ 585
WI Garrison
GML/GWL