Hello 501st!!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TKMarc
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 51367

Hello 501st!!

Post by TKMarc »

Guess it's time for me to stop lurking around. I got to meet some of you on the 4th. It was great fun. I look forward to doing it again. I live in Princeville, about 20 min. north of Peoria IL.

Jonesie
Imperial Recruit

Re: Hello 501st!!

Post by Jonesie »

Welcome, I'm new too. I live in Ashton, about 30 min south of Rockford and about an hour east of you I believe. What are you thinking of doing for your first costume?

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

decisions, decisions. So many cool costumes to pick from and so many people in this garrison able to help get you started. If you haven't visited the Legion website, (www.501st.com) please check it out. You'll find the costume reference library and links to the various detachment sites as well. Great place to get started. Oh, and "welcome" to you both from Washington, IL.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Welcome!

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

good to see more people interested in the hobby .
welcome ,, :wink:

with power, comes great responsibility . :blink:
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Hey Marc!
If you haven't read it yet, head to the top of the Welcome Mat forum, and read the post "Incoming Transmission for Potential Legion Members!"
That will give you a good overview of your first (and next) steps, and hopefully get you started on your journey.
Let us know what you're thinking of building, and we'll do waht we can to help you out!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

TKMarc
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 51367

Post by TKMarc »

Jonesie wrote:Welcome, I'm new too. I live in Ashton, about 30 min south of Rockford and about an hour east of you I believe. What are you thinking of doing for your first costume?
I was thinking a TK but I'm kinda leaning toward Scout. To be honest. I'd an officer or what ever to get my foot in the door. On another note I did pop over to The mercs and started a costume for that. I have about 170 in it and just need to get a visor for the helm. That kinda tapped me for now. BUt... I will do this ohh yes. I have wanted to for a very long time.

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

Welcome,

For starters you are in the right place to obtain all the help you will ever need. The midwest garrison is the best in the legion. We have a great command staff ready and willing to go the extra mile to help direct you in the right direction.

With that said, feel free to contact me about questions you may have moving forward.

May the force be with you..

Sarge
TD/TB/CX-6074

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Post by TK3446 »

:welcome:
Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

Jonesie
Imperial Recruit

Post by Jonesie »

TKMarc wrote:
Jonesie wrote:Welcome, I'm new too. I live in Ashton, about 30 min south of Rockford and about an hour east of you I believe. What are you thinking of doing for your first costume?
I was thinking a TK but I'm kinda leaning toward Scout. To be honest. I'd an officer or what ever to get my foot in the door. On another note I did pop over to The mercs and started a costume for that. I have about 170 in it and just need to get a visor for the helm. That kinda tapped me for now. BUt... I will do this ohh yes. I have wanted to for a very long time.

Yeah, I feel ya. I am just getting back to work after an injury, so I'm pretty tapped too. I am planning on doing a Boushh costume - starting with the helmet. But it is going to be very expensive and time consuming, so in the mean time, I'm going to do a generic Jedi. I'm also looking at getting a pair of Twi'lek lekku and a pair of Togruta lekku to be able to change up the overall feel of the costume. Plus, I can do a sith and use the lekku for that.

Trying to get the most "bang for my buck", until I can afford to have several different costumes!

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Getting bang for your buck, you might want to look into doing an Imperial Crewman. Everypiece of that costume (except the hat) is used in the Imperial Gunner, TIE Pilot, and Imperial Navy Trooper (Death Star Trooper)... all you do is change the headgear. The Crewman boots, gloves, and hat can be re-used for an Imperial Officer, too, if you ever go that direction.
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Jonesie
Imperial Recruit

Post by Jonesie »

Awesome, thanks for that info. I'll need to look into that! Once again, the people on these forums are so helpful, love it!