Hello all!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Ocelot
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello all!

Post by Ocelot »

Hey everyone! My name is Sam, and I've become more and more interested in the 501st as of late. I've always wanted my own armor, but never really had the money to invest in it.

A little bit about myself: I'm currently attending University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign studying English, I drive a Jeep Wrangler (and love the crap out of it), and spend my free time doing one of the two previously mentioned things :lol:

The reason that I joined up here is actually a bit of a request. Currently I'm in a competition for a restaurant where the person who takes the coolest picture while wearing one of the restaurant's shirts and gets the most likes on their facebook wins prizes. What I was hoping to do for my picture was to get a photo of me (in said shirt) getting arrested by Stormtroopers, but alas I have no costumes! If there is any way I could get anywhere between 1-3 people with costumes to help I would greatly appreciate it! I was on the 501st website and saw that there is one member in my area, and two more in Danville (if I'm reading it right). I know I sent the XO here an email, but just to open it to anyone I felt like I should post it up :). Of course, I'd be willing to drive a bit to meet people, and if I win the competition there may be surprises :). The contest ends April 5th, so I'm really hoping to get the ball rolling soon on that.

Thanks to anyone who helps, and I can't wait to see if I can eventually get my hands on some armor!

Skypanda
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7844

Re: Hello all!

Post by Skypanda »

I'm coordinating an event on March 31st (this Saturday) in O'Fallon IL (about 3 hours from Champaign). We will have at least 2 stormtroopers, Darth Maul, a tie pilot, a reserve pilot (me), and some mercs...and whoever else shows up! It's a St. Baldricks event and would be a good way to meet some people in the Midwest Garrison and see what trooping is about. Lots of opportunities for pictures with us though!

If you have any questions, you can message me on here or email me at kmavara@gmail.com.
Kristen (Skypanda)

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Hi Sam, I would say the best option for you is to look at our upcoming events and see if you can make it to one of them. http://midwestgarrison.com/
http://midwestgarrison.com/eventcal.php What a lot of people don't realize is that we are all volunteers, and the limited amount of free time we have is already saved up for these events. We love to take pictures with everyone though so if you could make it to one, I'm sure we would be able to help you.

As for joining the 501st, not all costumes are armor-based. The most basic costume(and least expensive) is the Imperial Crew/Off-Duty Pilot http://www.501st.com/members/costumeros ... stumeID=16 http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... ridge_crew With that costume you would be able to join and see more of the boards, which would allow you to look into armor for sale in the future. Since members sometimes sell off their costumes to pay for new ones.
Good luck with your contest.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Skypanda
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7844

Post by Skypanda »

Yeah...what he said...like my event Saturday in O'Fallon. :P Haha...miss me yet Remo?

Firebat
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 373

Post by Firebat »

Hi ya and welcome!

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Welcome to the madness.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...