Eventual Imperial Crew here, met some of you at Wizard World

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

bback
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Eventual Imperial Crew here, met some of you at Wizard World

Post by bback »

Bryan here, I spent a good amount of time at the 501st table at Wizard World on Friday. I was talking to John Fitzsimmons for a while about the 501st in general, and then spoke to "big" Steve Szyndrowski and some really nice, really helpful lady (whose name I never got, so, apologies for referring to you as "some lady") about the best way to get in, with some passing comments from Brian Troyan. Also, it's a little ridiculous how easy it is to find everyone off the main 501st site.

Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time reading through everything over at the Imperial Officer Corps forum; I'm still trying to decide which route is best for me, whether I want to buy a pre-made suit, or try and alter one myself. I know I want it to be black, since that seems to be the most versatile. Haven't gotten much further than that, yet.

I don't really have any questions that I can't work out myself, I just wanted to drop by to introduce myself.

So, hi.

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Welcome

Do you want to do crew, which later you can add onto to become a TIE pilot? Or, do you want to do an officer, which doesn't have the tie option? Either way is good, just want to make sure you knew about that.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

bback
Imperial Recruit

Post by bback »

I do like the officer better, but I understand that the crew jumpsuit could also be used for TIE pilot and gunner. I like that versatility of having three different costumes with just a few different pieces. But, first things first, right?

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

Yeah but officers do have other options as well.

Black Death Star Officers can go Death Star Trooper and Olive Green/Gray Navy officers can go ATAT Commader/Veers.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

iam8114 wrote:Black Death Star Officers can go Death Star Trooper and Olive Green/Gray Navy officers can go ATAT Commader/Veers.
Jim makes a really good point, but I think he might have overlooked something... I believe that EITHER the black Officer uniform OR the black Crewman suit can go into making an Imperial Navy Trooper (a.k.a "Death Star Trooper"). Either conversion is the same: you just take off the hat and put on the helmet!
Of course, I don't have a Navy Trooper helmet myself, I'm just going from what I've picked up on the streets.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter which uniform one has on below the neck with the Navy Trooper, the public always mistakes you for Dark Helmet from Spaceballs, anyway. ;)

At any rate, welcome to the forums, bback! Glad to see you made it... Now get to work! :D
--Fleet' "Brian Troyan" 'fang
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Post by TK118 »

welcome and hope to troop with you soon

iceburgh
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9442

Post by iceburgh »

Welcome aboard
Chris
aka Iceburgh / Lunchbox

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

Welcome!!!!
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Welcome, Bryan!

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Troyan is right about the Death Star Naval trooper. Plus, they are awesome. Oh yes welcome!
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...