not worthy...ahhh

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4913

not worthy...ahhh

Post by crix »

ahh ggggrrr ugggg...... blahhhh
Struck Down!

costume not good enough..which I kinda figured it wasnt.
guy I got it from on ebay, said he was from 501st down in N carolina. said all I needed was boots and I am in.... I knew better, but I bought it anyway :sonofa:
all the research I did.. I just threw out the window because I thought I would go the quick and easy way....
all the mistakes I made with my X-wing....
you would think I would of learned..

oh well. now(little late) going to do it right.. just going to take some time....
I can use the helmet, golves and force pike, everything else not so good.

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Crix, you know, the buckets alone are hard to come by these days. It wasn't a total loss by any means.

Kent Heath has a really nice one and I bet he'd be willing to share out some tips about the garments' fabrics. I know there are a few out there who know a lot about it.

The robes are so important because they're the majority of the costume.
If you need help, we'll be happy to assist. Maybe we can even use one of the armor parties to set up the sewing machines once you have the right fabrics. (just think, ladies, a live model! lol)

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Alright Tom, it's about time you came over to the Dark Side. I do hate Ebay, but sometimes its the only option.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by crix »

TB 0101 wrote:Crix, you know, the buckets alone are hard to come by these days. It wasn't a total loss by any means.

Kent Heath has a really nice one and I bet he'd be willing to share out some tips about the garments' fabrics. I know there are a few out there who know a lot about it.

The robes are so important because they're the majority of the costume.
If you need help, we'll be happy to assist. Maybe we can even use one of the armor parties to set up the sewing machines once you have the right fabrics. (just think, ladies, a live model! lol)
yeah..when I am ready to tackle this again, I think I will need help.
it might be a while thought....got to build up my costume funds first...

thank you..I dont know how to sew yet.. but I bought "sewing for dummies" :lol: I should be a pro in no time :roll:
now if i just would of got "ebay for dummies" :lol:

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TB 0101 »

I'm kind of ticked off at the legion member who told you it was good to go-and his GML for reinforcing it if it was allowed in down in their unit.

Maybe this will help http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/ ... ayout.html it even has the pattern used for a base/under robes...be sure to click the link at the bottom for the original post, that's where the meat of the info is.

I hope that helps a little bit...I know there are a few different "royal guard tutorials" out there to choose from, that was the first one that popped up for me and had decent pics of the fabrics. It doesn't say how MUCH fabric, not that I saw anyway.

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Tom, if you need sewing help, the Jolly Rogers have our own seamstress. She is the head of the costume dept at C.O.D. in Glen Ellyn. She's a cousin of one of my best friends and she made thew adjustments to my flightsuit. Let me or Targ know and we can put you in touch with her or contact her for you, if interested.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

Are you certain it was an actual 501st member who sold it? There seem to be a lot of douchenozzles out there that advertise crap suits on ebay as 501st.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

Imperial1971
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7155

Post by Imperial1971 »

They all seem to use "501st approved" in their sales pitch... [smilie=shocksf2.gif]

"Do you know how many times I've almost fallen off this thing??"

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1590

Post by Sands »

Still a nice bucket.

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

Well the worst is the suits that are sold on the 501st forums that aren't even acceptable anymore. It seems to be rare but it does happen.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by crix »

iam8114 wrote:Are you certain it was an actual 501st member who sold it? There seem to be a lot of douchenozzles out there that advertise crap suits on ebay as 501st.
pretty sure. he sent me pics of his membership....but, you know what.. its my fault for not really double checking it. and maybe it was approved long ago before standards....I dont know...
well I got 2 buckets out of it and 2 force pikes so its not a total lost.

once I start back up on this, I will diffently take you guys up on the offer of help

thank you guys so much.... I dont feel so bad any more, knowing I will have help.

thank you
crix

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

I dont even know if mine would pass to be legion approved. I have never submitted the photos. But Aimee took some fantastic photos for me, so I guess I'll try to submit it.

I'll submit them Wednesday and see what happens.

What were their objections? What was the feedback given to you?
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TB 0101 »

I showed 826 your pics the other day, Kent :)
I'll email them over to you so you can check them out.