Moderator: Garrison Officers

ladyghost4459
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4459

Florida visitor here

Post by ladyghost4459 »

I am a seven year member of the Florida Garrison, was formerly the GML during early 2008-2009. I have been a professional costume seamstress since 2006, but have been making clothing and costume since the 70's. I have tried to visit as many Garrison and Detachment forums as possible and I try to stay on target on most Legion activities both locally and around the world. My costume work has afforded me many friendships around the world and I have provided TB soft parts for over 200 troopers, TR robes for more than 30 troopers, specialty costumes like Boushh Leia, Padme gowns, Bossk flightsuits, Imperial Officers including Juno Eclipse and Ysand Issard, Darth Revan, and a slew of other Iconic costumes including Green Lantern, Dark Knight Joker, Huntress, and Ren Faire garb. Over 500 professional costumes since 2006. Needless to say I am always, always overbooked. But I didn't come here to pedal my skills.

I am visiting here to continue my exploration of the known territories of the Legion and to touch base with friends here. I find it fascinating to understand and interact with the communities of costumers and socially conscious volunteers the world over. I also enjoy seeing the costume builds and talents of members. I have seen amazing projects by Kathy VB and Thomas and many others and since my significant other came from Detroit, it would be cool to see what else is going on in this part of the country. Those of you who do know me know that I have been very vocal on Legion issues, especially equality and fairness for those who participate in Legion activities. That I have always pushed for people learning the costuming crafts, for inclusion, fairness, and above all having a ball in costuming and shared love of the genres of my interests.

So for now, here's a Howdy from Florida and thanks for the opportunity to visit your forums.

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Re: Florida visitor here

Post by Coin »

Hello, and welcome, all Diversity is its own benefit. I look forward to chatting/meeting you myself!

I'm pretty new to the Legion and costuming, but not crafting building and sewing or Star Wars, so I'm finding this a good fit!

:D
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

Boushh823
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 82371

Post by Boushh823 »

Welcome. I grew up in Florida. Nice to have you come by and visit.
Shannon Buetsch
BH-82371
Boushh823

iceburgh
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9442

Post by iceburgh »

Hello over there in Florida!
Chris
aka Iceburgh / Lunchbox

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

hey lady good to see you here .. and there :lol:
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency