Jango Progress

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Jango Progress

Post by BH2049 »

I figured since I was new I could give everyone an idea as to where I was in the process. Hopefully I could also get some pointers as I go along so that I know I am on the right path to becoming a memeber. As you can see from the photos I have a long way to go, but am bound to keep my progress from slowing.

This is my armor just cut out. Haven't done anything to it in this picture.

This is everything I have put together for my suit so far. I just go the coveralls and need to dye them yet and I finally got around to sanding the armor.

Just a closer look.

This weekend I plan on shaping the cod and shin armor.

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by hopeful recruit »

It looks like a step in the right direction.... you'd have t dye the flightsuit and do a few other things to it.....

have you been over to the dented helmet? I've been away from it for a while, but it's a great resource.....

Can't wait to see you pull it together.... I always like the Fetts
"Those who never take risks never know what could have been."

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Those colors are all wrong....

:lol:

Great first steps!

mandosoldier

Post by mandosoldier »

what helmet are you using? it looks like a rubies, which I think may need some mods done to it, if not by legion standards, then definately by comfort of wear and durability issues. I'd HIGHLY suggest dented helmet as they have TONS of reference photos and guides for many things and will help you through the issues that you WILL encounter. I pretty much have them to thank for helping me turn my starfortress boba crap into Boba Fett. Her'es the link in case ya don't already have it.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

TB 0101: What? I thought I had them perfect :wink:

Yeah, it's a rubies helmet. I already have many plans to improve it and am also planning on making my own. Like you have suggested I have already been and joined the dented helmet and have some great ideas on how to do both, modify and create. I figure the helmet I currently have will do until I make my own.

This weekend I think I'll be focusing on dying my flight suit. I've never dyed clothes before, so this should be interesting.

mandosoldier

Post by mandosoldier »

bounty hunter Naush wrote:TB 0101: What? I thought I had them perfect :wink:

Yeah, it's a rubies helmet. I already have many plans to improve it and am also planning on making my own. Like you have suggested I have already been and joined the dented helmet and have some great ideas on how to do both, modify and create. I figure the helmet I currently have will do until I make my own.

This weekend I think I'll be focusing on dying my flight suit. I've never dyed clothes before, so this should be interesting.
I could tell it was a rubies cause it's the same one I had, until it was left in the sun inder a bag and got all warped, I mean warped flat. It broke when I tried to bend it back into shape lol

BTW, I think I'd coat in in a layer of chrome paint or something to REALLY make it shine.

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

Yeah, I got some paint that should hopefully make it shine a little better. Hopefully I won't have too much trouble putting in a new visor. I heard that can be a real good time.

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Over the Weekend

Post by BH2049 »

I wanted to show what I was able to accomplish over the weekend and get any thoughts you might have.

My armor and helmet. The helmet has been repainted, I am still searching for a new visor though.

My first attempt at getting the right color for Jango's Flight suit. I don't think I got it quite right yet, but I am working on it.

Of course I am just testing dying methods on t-shirts before I actually do my flight suit. I want to make sure I do this right.

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

Haven't update with my progress lately, so I figured I'll show where I am currently at.

I have been working on a better helmet, one I make myself. Progress has been slow.

I got my flight suit dyed

I have the thigh armor done and shin armor almost complete, but no pictures. I got my cod piece today, so I'll have to paint that up. I am getting closer. I would like to finish before October so I can troop then. I see there is an event in Milwaukee, which would be cool to do. I'll post some more when I get further. [/img][/list]

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

I wanted to give everyone an update. My goal is to have it finished before the end of next month, which is a reasonable goal, I think. Not pictured is the cod piece, knees (which I am still working on) gauntlets (also finishing up) and my jet pack.

So close, yet so far. :(

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

As you can see it is coming along nicely. I still have to put some more detail into my guantlets and finish up my knee armor. Even so, I am pleased with the progress I have made. I am waiting for my mother to finish sewing the second sleeves onto my jumpsuit and then I am going to redye it. It was suggested that it was too purple and I think I agree. My goal is to finish by mid next month. I should be on track to do so.

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

Getting closer and closer. I feel like I am doing a pee-pee dance for this to get finished.

My vest and boots should be here within the next two to three weeks. I am anxious to get them because I hear that my place of work is looking into having the 501st visit. I would much rather be trooping than working that day. Until my stuff arrives I'll get my hoses complete and finish up my jet pack. Oh yeah and get my leg armor attached.

Can't...wait....

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

I was reviewing my post to see what my last update was, and noticed that one of our cat's seems to be very interested in what I am doing as well since he seems to want to be in every picture. Either that or he feels he's photogenic (sp?).

Anyway, I have made more progress and am nearing the end. I hope to have more photos up soon. Just need to stop soon and get more supplies to finish my project.

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

TK895
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 895

Post by TK895 »

Here are a couple shots of Turo in his Jango. Maybe they can help with colors or placement of parts.

mandosoldier

Post by mandosoldier »

didn't Jango have a neckseal of some sort? I know our garrison's Jango has one, just curious.

TK895
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK895 »

Just the upturned collar from what I have read.

BH2049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by BH2049 »

TK 895 do my parts look out of place? I know I don't have everything attached yet, but I thought I was on the right track. I could be very wrong. I also know that I am not as skilled as Turo. His Jango is absolutely amazing. he's like my hero :oops:

Anyway I'll keep working on it. Hopefully it'll come out and meet everyone's standards.

TK895
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK895 »

nope, you just mentioned about placing the shins and I threw up those pics to possibly help. :)
TK895 - Michael Washko
same since 1998