RS needing modifications?

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

ImperialLoyalty342
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl

RS needing modifications?

Post by ImperialLoyalty342 »

Right now I am waiting for my full commissioned shadow trooper armor from rs. Has any tk here has any trouble getting costume 501st approved? If so what modifications can I expect?

Or if you modified armor from rs for any other reason besides 501st approval then please let me know why and how!

Thanks
Mason
Do not be disturbed, no lack of faith here

Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: RS needing modifications?

Post by Avatar190 »

ImperialLoyalty342 wrote:Right now I am waiting for my full commissioned shadow trooper armor from rs. Has any tk here has any trouble getting costume 501st approved? If so what modifications can I expect?

Or if you modified armor from rs for any other reason besides 501st approval then please let me know why and how!

Thanks
Mason
Hello Mason,

Sorry just noticed your post now. Regarding any armor, there is no guarantee that anything will meet the CRL standards set by the 501st received right out of the box. Most armor will need to have some tweaking to fit properly to your physique and shape, though a S, M, L, XL type setup may work for some...it all varies. That said, RS Propmasters from England does pull some amazing plastic armor, and 501st members have done well working with it getting it approved to Legion standards.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend checking out the 501st Special Operations Detachment (SpecOps), which is the 501st Legion's costume detachment for all specialty unit costumes. That is your be all, end all resource for any and all information regarding your Shadow Stormy in the Legion.

But, it's been two months since your original posting, has your kit arrived yet?
We need no longer fear the banana.