Armor advice from the MWG

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

RogueWon
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 25739

Armor advice from the MWG

Post by RogueWon »

I originally ordered armor from Anovos, but cancelled after numerous shipping delays(the thypical Anovos story). I am wondering what armor troopers are using here in the MWG.
I am looking at RS Prop Masters. Are there others that garrison members would recommend?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Thank you in advance

Borba10
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 10908

Re: Armor advice from the MWG

Post by Borba10 »

Depends on if you want kit or fully assembled. I bought kits from Walt's trooper factory.
:thumbs:

RogueWon
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by RogueWon »

Borba,

I actually was talking to WTF this afternoon. I just have to wait for friday (payday) to official order/pay wtf for an armor kit. I definitely want to build my kit, I want the experience of building my own armor. Though, I am definitely nervous about the process I will feel so satisfied and love my armor so much more knowing I assembled it.
Knowing that I will be getting my armor from Walt's Trooper Factory, I am trying to build my amazon (and other vendor) shopping list for webbing, elastic, rivets, screws, etc... and am already feeling overwhelmed haha. And I am fairly handy, I have rebuilt a vintage car and done all the improvements on my house. This task however intimidates me. I have searched fisd and the midwest garrison forums and have bookmarked every possible thread that could come in handy.
It is reassuring to see the armor you recommended is the supplier I was thinking about.
Thank you for reaching out and for your recommendation!

Borba10
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 10908

Post by Borba10 »

Your welcome. I bought his gunner, tie pilot, and shadow scout from him. Those are also my first builds. Rex puts on armor build parties to help out on all our builds for those who need help.
:thumbs:

RogueWon
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by RogueWon »

Everyone been super helpful today in my first messages here.

I will definitely be all in for some armor building hangouts. The more I can learn from the trooper building veterans the better!