Modernizing old suit

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

indigogyre
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Modernizing old suit

Post by indigogyre »

Hello,

It's been a really long time since I've donned my suit for various reasons. The last time someone wore the suit many years ago it was during one of our very cold Halloweens and a bunch of the old seams did not like it and came apart. At that point it became a project to redo for some future time. Well, the future has arrived and suddenly there are a lot more uhmm 'regulations' about suits that did not exist back when i picked up the suit.

It seems like I will be in need of some sources for some possible upgrade and or repair parts. At this time I cannot even remember the exact suit I have but do stumble upon the documentation from it time to time. Once I did that out I hope to get some better ideas of what might be needed. I know the helmet is in need of a lot of love because I striped it and then it fell from the stand which caused one of the aerators to rip off.

So, is there a good source for helmet decals? thinking back and how home technology progressed I'm guessing there should be some very nice high quality items available.

Thanks.
Dean

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Re: Modernizing old suit

Post by iam8114 »

Might be best to post pictures. Depending on the age of the kit you may need to make extensive alterations, likely including replacing the helmet.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

SHEEPDOG54
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 265

Re: Modernizing old suit

Post by SHEEPDOG54 »

Trooperbay for decals and other upgrades if your suit is an FX.