Takin the plunge on my TK dream 2014! Help wanted!

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 71463

Takin the plunge on my TK dream 2014! Help wanted!

Post by DarSec »

I'm looking to go head on into a TK build late summer, early fall. Been my dream since 14. I'm going ATA since $$$ is not ozzing outta my pores. I have some questions that maybe some of you seasoned builders can answer. I have enjoyed checking out all of the TK build photo logs. Some NICE work. I have learned a lot in three years of research, but there are some unanswered ??s. So here goes....

I've been mesmerized by TK 4510's build over at Trooperbay. He uses some awesome techniques. He built some strap hooks to go in his biceps that hook onto the elastic on the shoulder bells, and he constructed some hooks and loops to put together his back and ab pieces. He also uses hooks and elastic on his shins. These are all awesome ideas. He says that this is accurate to the actual ANH screen used suit construction. I've checked out a dozen sites and this is the first time I've seen these techniques used. Mr. 4510 is an awesome builder and his video series is killer!!, just wanting to do it well and right. Anyone ever seen this done? The 501st site does not show any of this.

Glue. Anyone used 4510's Zap a Gap with the Zip Kicker? Does it last, does it yellow or warp? It looks amazing, I'm just looking at long term. If you have a fave, what is it?

Who has accurate, reasonably priced Centurion or above; neck seals, holsters and/or boots?

Thoughts on sound systems, helmet fans?

Anyone used a resin kit made for PVC pipe for an E-11? Are they any good? They are pretty cheap (around $40 on e bay) but I don't want to get hosed.

I'm in the Champaign area and hope to be 501st by the end of the year. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Darrell S

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4034

Re: Takin the plunge on my TK dream 2014! Help wanted!

Post by gazmosis »

I just messaged you back. PM me and I will shoot you my phone number. we can talk about everything you might have questions to.

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Post by Coin »

You are now in the best hands we have. you Will be trooping soon!
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

Thanks a ton!! Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be a shiney and be ready to get out there!!!
Darrell S

DarthChandler
Imperial Recruit

Post by DarthChandler »

Steve is a huge resource! He helped me with my armor and has helped so many others with theirs as well. If he doesn't know the answer he knows the people to get it from ;)

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

Thanks Mr. Darth. I'm quickly getting the idea that Mr. Gaz is the go to guy in the area. Good luck selling your TM armor. TM is pretty nice stuff!! I'm very envious of your hero helmet. Hero is always been my absolute fave style. Too bad RS Props didn't find one of those to reproduce!!
Darrell S

BlackSun51
Garrison Webmaster
Garrison Webmaster
501st Legion ID: 41551

Post by BlackSun51 »

Steve is the TK guru! He has helped me countless times! You are in great hands!

-Eric :bucketsoff:
-Eric Werner

Duty. Honor. Empire.

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

Just got on the waiting list at ATA. Looks like a 6-7 month wait. I'll prob be getting E-11, seal and boots in that time. Looking a Doopydoos full resin kit.
Darrell S

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

I have begun my helmet build. It's above in this forum under "TM Hero Helmet Build". Everyone feel free to browse and critique.
Darrell S