WTB: armor for TK certification

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

hyperguyver2
Rebel Legion Member
4poziom.waw.pl

WTB: armor for TK certification

Post by hyperguyver2 »

Hey folks I'm new to the site and am hoping to find a seller for the hard parts of the armor so I can gain my TK certification. As fas as it goes right now I'm my preferred material is ABS plastic and maybe a fiberglass helmet. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which sellers would be best to contact? To give you an idea I stand at 6ft tall and weigh 206lbs
Troopers don't die, they go to hell and regroup

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Re: WTB: armor for TK certification

Post by woulf »

everything that is TK, can be found on our detachment site:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

I am roughly your size, and depending how you carry it, think a lot of the armor out there would fit. Some of our TK experts would have more info, but definatly sign up for the TK forums, and get familiar with it. there's a wealth of knowledge there.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4034

Post by gazmosis »

With your stated size, I would look towards ATA or MTK (trooperbay) Some people carry their weight in different places. Ideally, you want the sides of your armor to close completely. The most accurate armors available from overseas have waist limitations without the use of shims to create a larger diameter. Troopermaster has a 36" waist limit and RS props is a 37" limit. As Steve pointed out, FISD is the place to go for your research. If you care to discuss this further on your own, feel free to contact me.

hyperguyver2
Rebel Legion Member

Post by hyperguyver2 »

gazmosis wrote:With your stated size, I would look towards ATA or MTK (trooperbay) Some people carry their weight in different places. Ideally, you want the sides of your armor to close completely. The most accurate armors available from overseas have waist limitations without the use of shims to create a larger diameter. Troopermaster has a 36" waist limit and RS props is a 37" limit. As Steve pointed out, FISD is the place to go for your research. If you care to discuss this further on your own, feel free to contact me.
Thanks Gaz, if any questions pop up ill be sure to pick the resident experts brain, once I get a suit im hoping to hit up blueram and check out on of those armor parties I've been hearing about.
Troopers don't die, they go to hell and regroup