INT: Chewbacca Bowcaster Run

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9142

INT: Chewbacca Bowcaster Run

Post by jweger77 »

I've been working on this major part of my Chewie build. I'm looking to gauge interest on a potential run of these. The stock of the bow will be accurately reproduced using both photos of Horton Safari Crossbow and their actual measurements. The stocks would be cast in resin reinforced with an internal aluminum frame.

Other parts included

-Impeccable cast of singlepoint scope (pressure cast parts, including the tip) by a very talented RPF member
-Real 4x20 scopes (close as I can find which would still make these affordable)

Teaser scope photo

-correct style scope mount (as pictured) for single point scope
-Aluminum barrel, sight pieces
-Aluminum prod of the bow
-high bounce balls for ends of the bow (as used on original prop)
-buttons/greeblies on the side cast in high-impact resin and set on aluminum plates
-Surplus M-1 style sling

My plan for these is to make them as accurate as possible without breaking the bank. The perfect jewel for your blaster/prop collection, or the perfect compliment to your Chewbacca costume.

I'm hitting the mill tomorrow to continue the machining of the crossbow stock positive. These have never been produced in any quantity by MR or anybody else. More photos to come.

Please note your interest, I'd love to do a run of these!
Anticipated price $350 or so finished.

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4913

Re: INT: Chewbacca Bowcaster Run

Post by crix »

I am interested, but $350 is way out of my budget :( but I am sure it's well worth it!

good luck with the run

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Re: INT: Chewbacca Bowcaster Run

Post by jweger77 »

Well, got a lot done today. Milled down the entire stock to thin it up a bit. Milled the bolt slot in, trigger guard and more. Then lots of sanding! Took a break to bend up aluminum to create the cover for the string catch.

Cut a section of rectangular tubing and stuck a barrel in it and placed the scopes up top.

Still a fair amount of sanding to go yet. But the toughest part of everything is past.