DH-17

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

kevair464
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9528

DH-17

Post by kevair464 »

Just joined the Legion as a A New Hope Imperial Navy trooper, and from screen shots they mostly appear to be wearing a DH-17 on their right hip...soo

Right now I have a re-painted Hasboro toy DH-17 that is a holster filler, but would like to upgrade

Anyone know where I can get a better version, or have a better version they are looking to sell?
Kevin Williams
IN 9528

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Re: DH-17

Post by woulf »

I know Darthhair actually makes resin cast and rubber cast DH-17s. I know he's on the rebel legion and rpf forums. I actually think the repaint hasbro you have is pretty much the norm. I'm no expert on the DH-17 but he hasbro is pretty accurate although a little undersized i believe. I can tell you from experience you maybe better off with that as our trooper, or go with a rubber or hyperfirm. i have a resin E-11 that i spent a lot of time to make as accurate as possible, but now after about a dozen troops, im starting to have pieces chipped off and or missing.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

I did a bit of research a year ago on making the "ultimate" or "best" version of the DH-17 that wasn't the toy. I have some pictures on my computer of weathering techniques and close ups of the master replicas blaster. I'll post them tonight.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

kevair464
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9528

Post by kevair464 »

cool thanks guys
Kevin Williams
IN 9528

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Didn't forget about this thread.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51122238@N ... 577379870/

Check out the Flikr I put out. Has a lot of good source pictures. I'd go off the Master replicas.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Post by woulf »

SAJFKJ wrote:The quality of the fabric is very comfortable and is like something]Cosplay Outfit[/url] I would wear every day. Contacting the seller through email was easy and they were prompt to reply to my questions. I am happy with my order and would order from them again. To be honest, I never saw anything good with Naruto. I always thought it was a cheap rip-off of Dragonball Z]Bleach Costumes[/url] with even more pathetic heroes who talk too much.
:huh:
Last edited by woulf on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Well the RFT is the bestest hero EVAR. :alien:

hitman
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8596

Post by hitman »

woulf wrote:
SAJFKJ wrote: :huh:
already reported the spammer!
Last edited by hitman on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthikari
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5206

Post by darthikari »

I'm doing a conversion of a hasbro blaster right now. She may not be 100% movie accurate, but I've managed to lengthen the body, adjust the scope position, and re-build the trigger assembly. Hopefully I'll be able to piece together a tutorial once I'm done.