Make that Armor shine! Sandies not included.

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Firebat
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 373

Make that Armor shine! Sandies not included.

Post by Firebat »

Hey all. I was sitting around and thought i'd make a post. I posted this on JRS. Not sure if others use this, but I do.

Its called Turtle Wax Ice. Its a liquid wax. Best part is it doesnt haze and dry white. So you can use it on the armor, hoses, even Laws rubber shoulder strapes and make em black. Adds a nice wet looking smooth shine on any armor.

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Re: Make that Armor shine! Sandies not included.

Post by 138 »

i like trying different stuff on my tx .. i found a meguires black that works well .. but i have to apply and rub in then it looks great and later or next day
i have to re wipe as it seperates and looks oily ... so its kida a job to do twice ... most times i dont even bother as its kinda getting beat up and looks like ive been in the battle :)

but the no white residue .. it may work for me .. ill have to source it out down here :thumbs:
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

Firebat
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 373

Re: Make that Armor shine! Sandies not included.

Post by Firebat »

138 wrote:but the no white residue .. it may work for me .. ill have to source it out down here :thumbs:

Yeah Thats why I grabbed it for the Tie. I used it on my car and hated being careful around the black trim. lol