Begining an ESB Boba Fett for/2012

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 6309

Begining an ESB Boba Fett for/2012

Post by DTR12 »

After long consideration between Vader and Fett I have chosen to go with an ESB Boba Fett build. This will not be a quick build due to the cost involved. Anyway here we go.

I got my ESB/SGB bucket today.

I have the parts I need for the blaster build, now I just need to get them together.

Bought the scope and the rails.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Re: Begining an ESB Boba Fett for/2012

Post by DTR12 »

The Armor arrived today! Very pleased with the shipping. WOW!

The armor looks great.

I started to work on the stock of the blaster today. Measured it out and drew out the shape. Then I started on the greeble stencils. I wanted to be sure they were the correct size first before I started to cut them out for the basic shape and start sculpting them for molding.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

Worked on the greeblies for the stock of my EE-3 Blaster. They are all cut out now I just need to attach the pieces together and then fill in any imperfections. Add a few details and then the molding process will begin so I can cast some solid parts.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

Finished assembling the greeblies last night. I picked up the set screws for them today. So I will be sanding them down and detailing them soon. I was able to pick up a Revell Visible V-8 Engine kit today to harvest some much needed parts for the blaster. Of course I will be taking these parts and casting them so I have an endless supply on hand at all times. ;)

A few more photos for your viewing pleasure.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

Scratch building the ESB flame thrower unit for the left gauntlet.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Nice work! Some suggestions:
I used a piece of 2x6 for my stock, looks as if you are planning to use the thin wood laminated together. This will work but depending on the finish might look off on the top and bottom.

Scope is the same one I used, there was a guy on the dented helmet that used the name sidewinder that made accurate looking scope mounts with the rings around the barrel. I don't know if he still self them though.

When making the "D" handle if you use wood make sure the grain runs lengthwise or it will flex and eventually break, learned the hard way on this one. I have an aluminum one I made for my next attempt.

Since you are just beginning your build, if you want sound and lights the Boba toy blaster speaker fit nicely inside the pvc tube and the rest is nice and small a well. Would love to add this to mine but would have to tear it apart to get it in at this point.

Whats the plexiglass for?

Who's armor is that?

Good luck on the flame thrower, I tried and failed. What are you using for the" blocks" foam board?

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

Flame thrower unit update. Well I kind of did a u turn on this. After looking at what I had to work with I chose to go a different direction for a more screen and sideshow statue accurate one. So here we go.

I will post more as I go.
Last edited by DTR12 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

[quote="BLUERAM"]Nice work! Some suggestions:
I used a piece of 2x6 for my stock, looks as if you are planning to use the thin wood laminated together. This will work but depending on the finish might look off on the top and bottom.

Scope is the same one I used, there was a guy on the dented helmet that used the name sidewinder that made accurate looking scope mounts with the rings around the barrel. I don't know if he still self them though.

When making the "D" handle if you use wood make sure the grain runs lengthwise or it will flex and eventually break, learned the hard way on this one. I have an aluminum one I made for my next attempt.

Since you are just beginning your build, if you want sound and lights the Boba toy blaster speaker fit nicely inside the pvc tube and the rest is nice and small a well. Would love to add this to mine but would have to tear it apart to get it in at this point.

Whats the plexiglass for? I was going to use it for the D ring for the stock. I have decided to go with aluminum as well for stability.

Who's armor is that? My armor is from IOA. He is on the BHG.

Good luck on the flame thrower, I tried and failed. What are you using for the" blocks" foam board? I am using a material called Plastic Board for the blocks. Found at the Home Depot.
Last edited by DTR12 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

More flamethrower progress completed.

Just about done.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

That is awesome work!

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

More work on my Flamethrower got done today. I did some work a few posts back and I am just now getting those photos up as well. Sorry about the delay.

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DTR12 »

More progress on the flamethrower unit. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Almost there...!

Finding parts for this build has been slow going. All in all I think it will work when I done. I am happy with it, for now.
I guess I will be doing my first two sided mold when I am finished with it. I hope. Not sure if I will mold it in parts or as one piece just yet?

DreamInInk
Imperial Recruit

Post by DreamInInk »

Looks really great! I'm loving seeing the in-progress pictures you're posting. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done.