My DoopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

My DoopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Post by woulf »

I'm sure this has already been done, and by better then me, however i know our fascination with pic's so figured I'd share.

Enjoy. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by woulf on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Re: My DopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Post by woulf »

Forgot to take a picture of mounting the grip to the body, but nothing special was done except to roughen up the 2 areas where the bond would be before glueing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Re: My DopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

I eagerly await seeing this build finish, I am thinking about going this route as well for Centurion...

Good luck!
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Re: My DoopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Post by woulf »

Some more work completed.
George RR Martin

Vadersblade
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8310

Post by Vadersblade »

That's a great looking kit! Keep us up to date with the build! So far all of my E-11's are just poorly converted Hasbro mods. I'd love to see this when you're done!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

next few steps...
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Happy with my front sight, time to move on...
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

more work donr today...
Trying an experiment to see if it will help with stability or support. There are a lot of pieces, that to me, seem like they would be bumped off possibly from time to time, example the bayonet clip. I marked where mounting was to be, drilled a hole in both the barrel and piece to be glued. then i cut down a finish nail and glued it into the barrel, waited to set, and then glued on the piece over the pin. Kind of like a dowel pin. I guess time will tell if this helps or not.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

continued...
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Lastly for today...
George RR Martin

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

This is turning out well Woulf. Please keep up the good work.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Been slacking on my armor and blaster...work and family is keeping me very busy. Here's some more progress on the blaster.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

And some more...basically tried finding parts to make the inner barrel, bolt and spring for the blaster. after several trips to home depot and menards, got some get ideas...now to see if it'll work. Using 1/2" copper pipe and 2 fittings for the inner barrel, 1/2 steel pipe for back half of bolt, and will be using a #10 or #12 soild wire to make my spring.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Changing gears a bit too, started "correcting" the bolts in the front of blaster. the resin just looks bad here, kinda deformed gloobs instead of looking like real bolts...so to correct this grinding them out and then will bond real bolt heads into place.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Here's a little more towards completion, replced those end blobs with actual bolt heads, found some bolts with the correct sized head, cut them down, and bonded in place.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Ok, here's a little more work done. When the full resin kit is made, for some reason, they mold the top T-rail across the all the openings, instead of leaving the rear most open for the scope rail. Others have just left it as is and butted the scope rail right up to it. I decided to go a little extra and correct this.
George RR Martin

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4034

Post by gazmosis »

NICE WORK!!!
It's small details like that that will set your apart from others. Well Done!!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Ok, been kind of slacing with the blaster, but done with the armor, and awaiting my TK number :mrgreen: Here's a little more progress, just about ready to paint.
Image Image
Here's the scope rail. used a piece of 3/4" aluminum from home depot, cut a notch for it to sit in the rear sight of blaster, and bent the front and notched it so it will sit in the hole in the blaster.

Image here's the barrel I made with the parts in previous posts, basically a 1/2" copper tube with threaded couplings on the end, with the fittings ground down a bit for a smooth, snug fit.
I wanted to make a barrel so I could avoid the empty space seen with just the hollow blaster tube.
Image And here's the blaster with barrel.

To help hold everything in place, the barrel actually sits past the hole in blaster where the scope rail sits, so I notched the barrel where it lines up with the hole. Now when I place the scope rail into place, it actually sits inside the barrel too, holding it in place.Image Image Image
And here's how it will sit once it's all paint up with scope mounted Image

Ok, finally, I had to make a bracket to hold the counter, so by using a print from FISD, and a piece of scrap aluminum from work, I cut a chuck Image I then cut it down to the size of my rail and measurements from the print, filed it down a bit and drilled my rail mount holes. Image Now I just need to assemble these and paint.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Ok, getting really close now...
pre-drilled scope and counter with a slighty smaller drill bit then my screws. Make sure it is sitting correctly then screw it hand tight...dont want to go overboard and strip it out.

Here's how it's looking now. still trying to get my bolt spring right, then it'll be on to paint :mrgreen:

George RR Martin

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Great build, it's all coming together! I will definitely reference this when I make mine for the rail and scope. Good job Woulf.