And so it begins...

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

And so it begins...

Post by woulf »

I arrived home from work tonight to find a curious big brown box in front of my door... :mrgreen:

This is Mike TK 4510 aka trooperbay's TK armor. Looks great out of the box, and all the little things were included, like a pre-cut grey pvc pipe for canister, mikes hand painted look decals, and pretty much everything needed for helmet. Unfortunatly, due to my wife loosing her husband to the evil empire :D i'm forced to earn some brownie points and get back on her good side. Which means I have to finish the new TV room before i can really get into building my armor :cry: But, that being said, once i start working on it, will be sharing lots of pics :thumbs:

Oh, and also asking for tips and pointers along the way :mrgreen:

Hopefully i will begin my trooping days really soon

Steve " Really really close to being TK" M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Re: And so it begins...

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

Yay!! Obvious pointers would be to take your time. Especially in trimming. If you cut to much off and it doesn't fit, you'll spent a long, long time trying to make it fit. There are several ways people attach the armor pieces. Some use Velcro, others use snaps. If you are at a point in your build, and you aren't sure, post the pics of where ur stuck and ask us. That's what we are all here for! I don't own any of my own armor, but I have helped several troopers in this garrison get their armor on, as well as help put it back together while at a troop. I've seen many different strapping systems.

Janine

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Is Mikes armor ABS? Looks great out of the box, looking forward to seeing another Shiny in the Garrison :)
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Rebel Doughboy wrote:Is Mikes armor ABS? Looks great out of the box, looking forward to seeing another Shiny in the Garrison :)
Yep, it's ABS, so as long as i dont screw anything up, just a lil polishing and buffing :mrgreen:
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Vadersblade
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8310

Post by Vadersblade »

Looking good! Keep us updated with a build thread! And feel free to post any questions!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Well, another update,

I have recieved my under armor and my E-11 resin kit from doopydoos, my holster is being made, and STILL waiting for boots...just got another from TKBoots, they told me 3 week wait to begin with, that was 4 weeks ago, now with the latest reply, im told that they will have a better time frame in 2 to 3 weeks :blink: guess it'll give me time to complete the honey do list and get my armor togther.

I will start another post on my E-11 build once i begin it as well...with pics :mrgreen:

thats it for now...

Steve " soon to be TK" M
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

So, finally had some free time, and got my leg armor harness completed. Now my legs are done, arms and chest are done minus straps. Hoping to have my armor done by next weekend so i can start on my helmet :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George RR Martin

uoresu
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 92711

Post by uoresu »

Oh snap!!! I can't wait to see the rest all finished up!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Ok, a little closer...need to finish my E-11, need to get my straps for shoulders done and adjusted. and now, thanks to Steve Gaza, just need the insides on my bucket... but heres where i am now...
George RR Martin

DTR12
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6309

Post by DTR12 »

Nice work!

DreamInInk
Imperial Recruit

Post by DreamInInk »

That's looking really awesome!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Photos submitted, and application sent...

and bucket off :bucketsoff:

Wish me luck :thumbs:
George RR Martin

Firebat
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 373

Post by Firebat »

Luck!

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4034

Post by gazmosis »

Steve!!!!!! Holy crap you look great!!!!!
Securing those straps under the shoulder straps will keep the shoulder bells from pulling away and hike them up closer to the shoulder strap where they should be.
Great job!!! You would never know that was your first time!!!!!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

That bucket does look sweet doesnt it Gaz :mrgreen: Thanks for all your help brother...wouldnt be there without your input and help
George RR Martin

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4034

Post by gazmosis »

Somethings you just never get tired of looking at...your armor would fall into that catagory.