Ok I got it glued finally!!!!!!!!

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by cplBear »

And when you apply for membership.....DON'T fall for the 100 one hand pushups in a Kiddie Pool filled full of Pond scum like they TRIED to make me do either ! :P Dirty ROTTEN !@#@!#@$% :lol: :lol:

p.S..................Just Kiddin ! :mrgreen:
Mud hole! My home this is - Yoda

IN6951 Imperial Navy Trooper .

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

cplBear wrote:And when you apply for membership.....DON'T fall for the 100 one hand pushups in a Kiddie Pool filled full of Pond scum like they TRIED to make me do either ! :P Dirty ROTTEN !@#@!#@$% :lol: :lol:

p.S..................Just Kiddin ! :mrgreen:

LOL!!!

If i tried to do ONE pushup like that...I'd go SPLATT!!!!! right inthe pool!!!!!

Short Trooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

:D

Ok since this thread was started...I have been working off and on my armor during dr visits and therapy for 3 months. I have done some more trimming to the chest plate to make it smaller, (and Terrel78 has given me good instuctions on how to make a new edge on the chest plate.) and some work on the inner harness part. I have to make a way to make the sides not stick out and also to make the thermal detonator part for the back. I also put some straps on the shoulder bells so they don't flop over...

I hope to have a picture done this week for every one to check out.

I do have to ask what color gray do you paint the thermal detonator? And how do you put the thermal detonator together?

Thanks!

Short Trooper (Diana)

runnriottt
501st Member
501st Member

Post by runnriottt »

Some use Humbrol (Spelling?) no 5 and some use just a grey PVC pipe...

The one with the FX kit did the trick for me! I just found a close color at the hobby store and went with it.

Cant wait to see the new mods!

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

runnriottt wrote:Some use Humbrol (Spelling?) no 5 and some use just a grey PVC pipe...

The one with the FX kit did the trick for me! I just found a close color at the hobby store and went with it.

Cant wait to see the new mods!
Dear runriottt,

Thanks for the info and now I can go get some paint at the hobby section al Wal-Mart. Then I can paint it tomorrow and get it together and on the back of my belt. Then I'll take a pic of myself with the armor on.

Our hobby lobby isn't that well stocked here...it's mostly decorator furniture!! :evil:

BTW are you Nathan on the MEPD board? I think I had sent you a package to your Danville residence with your pack parts?

If you are did you get the package?

:oops:

See you later!

Short Trooper (Diana)

runnriottt
501st Member
501st Member

Post by runnriottt »

Itsa me! I need to change my name here as well... Just havent requested it.

I have to email my sis and ask her if she got it. I am sure its all in great order. That will help me build my pack. Thanks again.

Small world huh... :lol:

terrell78
501st Member
501st Member

Post by terrell78 »

runnriottt wrote: Small world huh... :lol:
Especially since your half way around the world. :wink:
FISD XO

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

runnriottt wrote:Itsa me! I need to change my name here as well... Just havent requested it.

I have to email my sis and ask her if she got it. I am sure its all in great order. That will help me build my pack. Thanks again.

Small world huh... :lol:
How far away is Japan from Illinois in flight travel?

just curious...

ShortTrooper (Diana)

runnriottt
501st Member
501st Member

Post by runnriottt »

All told 20 hours... 2 hour train to Fukaoka, Two hour flight to Tokyo, 16 hours to Chicago.

We do it about once every 1.5 years... I was just home in April. Really wanted to troop, but was too busy with the Navy process. Next thime though... Its on!

I really want to meet more of the MWG!

I think its great reading and helping troops back home. Man I miss a good ear of corn everyonce in a while... :wink:

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

runnriottt wrote:All told 20 hours... 2 hour train to Fukaoka, Two hour flight to Tokyo, 16 hours to Chicago.

We do it about once every 1.5 years... I was just home in April. Really wanted to troop, but was too busy with the Navy process. Next thime though... Its on!

I really want to meet more of the MWG!

I think its great reading and helping troops back home. Man I miss a good ear of corn everyonce in a while... :wink:

You and me both!
My cousin who just turned 80 this year retired inthe spring from farming and he had the best sweet corn in the county! He just got too old to do it and all his kids had diffrent jobs now so they couldn't grow the sweet corn anymore.. We miss it and so does half the town. He grew the peaches and cream sweet corn (Half white half yellow) Canned corn just doesent taste as good for me..... :P

That would be a LONG flight for me.......My brother was a missionary a long time ago and he was in Hawaii for 3 months . They went to China and the Phillipines for thier outreach...He told us that it took him and t hier group about 24 hours to reach the Phillipines by plane and he said that was the worst part of the whole thing. :shock:

You mentioned you are in the Navy? Thank you for your service to the country!

We have had about every generation of our family serve in some part of the armed forces since 1864 when my ancestors family immigrated here legally to the US in 1850 from Ireland. My great Great Great Great Uncle served in the Union in the volunteer Infantry as a guard of one of the camps in So.Ill. in Cairo. from 1864 August, to 1865 in Jan. He was 19 when he died after getting cholera from the skeeters down there. I had other members serve in WWI andWWII. Also in Vietnam and both Iraq wars.

ShortTrooper (Diana)

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Just an update..my armor has been put on hold for a while as it just too cold for me to work on it. I did find the drop boxes for it (They were in my kitchen drawers!!) I have found a couple of problem places...

1. thermal detonator. Need to find a way to attach it better.

2. Knee plates keep popping off..I need to reinforce it more with glue...and its' too cold to glue it now so It will have to wait for probably spring...My home is like a freezer in here as it's just cold...the basement is the worst and it's kind creepy..like the Addams family creepy.....

3. My camera I just bought is taking crappy pictures so now I may have to get a diffrent one and send this one back....(sigh) I took some pics to submit but they came out really blurry and looked terrible after I posted them on the photo bucket.

I have every thing else pretty much glued or trimmed and ready to go but just the knees and the shoulder bells that keep flopping around or falling off.... :evil:

I do want to make a diffrent Jedi outfit but I need tto find some material called osnaburg...any one know where I can get some and how much it costs?

ShortTrooper (Diana)