Imperial Officer's Uniform F.A.Q.s

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Ripcode
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Ripcode »

Acrylikhan wrote:Kathy,

I just got my Imperial Boots! They are an equestrian riding boot, zipper on the inside, and they go up about mid calf. They go nice with jodhopurs! But there is a problem...

I tried them on and they fit perfectly in the foot... which is a good thing as I am a size 13. The bad part is my calves. I have very thin calves. People call me long ankles. so when I put the boots on there's enough room for my pants to fit into, but there's all this extra space! I can feel it slap against the front of my leg, and the back of my leg when I walk and run.

If it was just a little bit of room, I wouldn't mind. But this is cavernous expanse!

Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? I'd love to hear some advice before I do to a shoe repair shop.

ALSO:

If you get the chance, thumb through The Making of Sar Wars by J. W. Rinzler. There are some great pictures of the Imperial Officer Uniform, especially the scene of storming the blockade runner. Apparently, they used gauntleted leather gloves for the Black Suited Officers while they were aboard the Tantive. They may have more notes on what they else they used on the uniform, besides the dossimeters. There's good shots of the belt boxes the Black Suited Officers sometimes have.

I'm almost finished, and this time I'll get it right!!! Look forward to your advice!

-fk
With all the major mods you have made to your Scout bucket you can't figure out how to fix your boots? :shock:

J/K! :wink:

How about adding some foam to take up the extra space?
Great Lakes Garrsion XO

Acrylikhan
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Acrylikhan »

I think that would work. I might put it on the inside of the pants, ya know to hide it! :D
Retired from Star Wars Costuming - then again retirement is overrated

Acrylikhan
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Acrylikhan »

-BUMP-

Sorry... must have double clicked.

Ghost in the Machine?
Retired from Star Wars Costuming - then again retirement is overrated

protoKev
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3290

Post by protoKev »

Kathy,
I was wondering where Vince got the pinback for his badge, i need some for another product, and have no idea where id find one

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

I thought I saw some at Joanne's Fabrics and Crafts...

They have quite an extensive collection of jewelry and bead making supplies...

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

bump

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

bump :)