aerator speaker purchase

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by tk0084 »

Last change to add/change your quantity. I will be ordering around noon today. Currently we are at 20 total.

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member

Post by tk0084 »

Ok, I just placed the order. Since there was a decent price drop at 25 I upped the order. The total with shipping to my place is $3.42 per speaker.

I can either ship them do you when then come in or I can give them to you at an event if there is no rush. Let me know so I can get you a total.

Thanks

Fitz6442
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6442

Post by Fitz6442 »

Please ship mine to me when they arrive. Thanks.

TK 737
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 737

Post by TK 737 »

I should probably ask to get them shipped, too... I'll still have to divy (sp?) them up and mail them to others... Can I PayPal you or do you want a check?

Thanks for doing this order, man! Trooper of the Month for you!
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member

Post by tk0084 »

John & Duffy,
The speakers came in today (I am very surprised cause they had to order more).

PM me your address info so I can get them out to you & give you a total.

TK 737
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK 737 »

OK, 2 things...

First, the LDR F18 aerator has been discontinued (supposedly). Danco makes a near-perfect match (has a finer screen, costs $2 more. It's 2/9C Dual thread swivel aerator. Great timing, huh?

2nd, I managed to fry one of the speakers. I tend to do that every bloody time I solder a batch. You'd think I would suck less... Anyway, Mr. 84, any way I could score another one off you? Cheers~
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member

Post by tk0084 »

Yeah no problem. I'll have it next weekend for you unless you need it sooner. I also fried a speaker when I soldered them. darn good thing that I tested them prior to installing them in my bucket.

Did you check Walmart for aerators? I found one there that was perfect (it is the only one they stocked). Let me know if you need me to run out & try to find some.

dad vader
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1781

Post by dad vader »

Hey Duff and Jerry,If you have a small alligator clamp,you can hook it to the speaker prong when you solder it,it will act as a heatsink and you wont fry the speakers... Also helps if you use a small acid brush and some tinning flux (Paste type works best) it helps the solder flow quicker... You can get both of them at most hardware stores and Radio Shack....

I mess with this small stuff that burns up real easy with my model trains...
I burned up a lot of small parts before I was told about that...
Just didn't know if you were aware of that.

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member

Post by tk0084 »

dad vader wrote:Hey Duff and Jerry,If you have a small alligator clamp,you can hook it to the speaker prong when you solder it,it will act as a heatsink and you wont fry the speakers... Also helps if you use a small acid brush and some tinning flux (Paste type works best) it helps the solder flow quicker... You can get both of them at most hardware stores and Radio Shack....

I mess with this small stuff that burns up real easy with my model trains...
I burned up a lot of small parts before I was told about that...
Just didn't know if you were aware of that.
Yeah, actually my sodering kit came w/a little clamp for a heat sink. I use it on electronic boards but I never thought of using it on the speaker. Oh well, I burned one out & was to an even number, now back to the odd number after getting another one to Duffy. I'm sure that someone else will burn one out so sooner or later I'll be back to an even number :lol:

TK 737
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK 737 »

I used the heatsink... This time I fried it out of sheer dumbassedness. *note to self--don't try to adjust the connections once the solder has set* I tore the whole darn connection off the speaker by hand. Did I mention I suck?

Thanks Mr. 84 for offering to bring a replacement this Sunday.
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member

Post by tk0084 »

TK 737 wrote:I used the heatsink... This time I fried it out of sheer dumbassedness. *note to self--don't try to adjust the connections once the solder has set* I tore the whole darn connection off the speaker by hand. Did I mention I suck?

Thanks Mr. 84 for offering to bring a replacement this Sunday.
Mr. 84, when did my Dad become a member? :?

RileyBear
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1574

Post by RileyBear »

There is an American Sience and Surplus in Geneva/St. Charles as well! They do GREAT business...

BTW, is it too late to get in on the order for speakers? David wants to start modding his helmet...
"Some people are like Slinkies.
They're really good for nothing.
But they still bring a smile to your face when
you push them down a flight of stairs."

tk0084
501st Member
501st Member

Post by tk0084 »

Yeah, the purchase was made but I do have some extra that I can sell.

Gator Fett
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Gator Fett »

tk0084 wrote:Yeah, the purchase was made but I do have some extra that I can sell.
If you have 3 extra, I'll take them from you. (The odd number is so that I have an extra if I screw one up. :P )