I has boots!!!!

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

RileyBear
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1574

I has boots!!!!

Post by RileyBear »

I bought these from TB-8063. ( :sonofa: Cannot seem to get the image to actually appear, so here's the URL to a picture.)

NOTE: I posted the wrong picture, so am removing the link. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Mark. I got his Rebel Fleet Trooper boots...

Now I want to build a Sith around them - unless they could maybe be used for a Jedi (then I could play both sides of the fence [smilie=yahoovk3.gif]).

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
"Some people are like Slinkies.
They're really good for nothing.
But they still bring a smile to your face when
you push them down a flight of stairs."

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Re: I has boots!!!!

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

RileyBear wrote:I bought these from TB-8063. ( :sonofa: Cannot seem to get the image to actually appear, so here's the URL to a picture.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rileybear67/5120843074/

Now I want to build a Sith around them - unless they could maybe be used for a Jedi (then I could play both sides of the fence [smilie=yahoovk3.gif]).

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I dont think you can wear black boots as a jedi. I also am pretty sure, you can't have buckles and all that either. Lol. Sorry.

I have a few pairs of big boots. They are so comfy!! Good luck with ur build!

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9709

Post by valissa »

I cannot see the picture or the link, but I can tell you that you can wear black boots as a Jedi (I know this because I am approved with both black and brown boots). I believe, if I understand the RL costume standards correctly, you could use them for a Jedi outfit, although I am not sure you could do the sith for the 501st. If you could, then I might need to rethink my Maul outfit and go for something easier! lol

V
Valissa Lexaoel

RileyBear
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Re: I has boots!!!!

Post by RileyBear »

Zombie_Bunny wrote:
I dont think you can wear black boots as a jedi. I also am pretty sure, you can't have buckles and all that either. Lol. Sorry.

I have a few pairs of big boots. They are so comfy!! Good luck with ur build!
I have found out (see edit to original post) that those were not the boots I got. The ones I got are shorter, motorcycle type.

I can still make something out of them...

TB-8063
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 8063

Post by TB-8063 »

actually...I had a New Republic Jedi approved in the RL...all black...including boots....you may want to check, but I believe black is ok for New Republic Jedi...now, if you were doing pre Jedi, black would be out...

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

valissa wrote:I cannot see the picture or the link, but I can tell you that you can wear black boots as a Jedi (I know this because I am approved with both black and brown boots). I believe, if I understand the RL costume standards correctly, you could use them for a Jedi outfit, although I am not sure you could do the sith for the 501st. If you could, then I might need to rethink my Maul outfit and go for something easier! lol

V
I'm surprised you got approved with black boots. It says in the jedi requirements...
"Boots (leather, suede, pleather) must rise at least to the calf, but not above the knee. No rubber boots or black boots allowed. No visible laces."

Maybe whoever approved ur boots thought they were brown. ;P Lol.

TB-8063
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 8063

Post by TB-8063 »

Generic Jedi, New Republic
Required Items:
Outer Tunic/Jacket
Utility Belt with D-ring
Leather, suede, leather-like boots at least calf length. No rubber boots or visible laces)
Lightsaber (no toys)
Pants or skirt
No visible t-shirts
No loud colors like pink or neon green. Natural colors like brown, black, grey, white, green, blue, and red are fine.

BrianJGibbs
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by BrianJGibbs »

Both you guys are right on the color front but ZB I've seen your jedi and know its old republic were black is a no no unless your doing one who was seen on screen wearing back like Anakin or Barriss Offee and there are quite a few more.

Now 8063 is right when it comes to new republic lots of black have been seen on jedi of the new republic just look at Luke wore more black then his dad did when he was a jedi.

So riley if the boots are black go new republic, hope this helps.
Costume to-do List:

RileyBear
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by RileyBear »

I'm gonna work on it!
I will have to save up to get a saber, but the soft goods I should be able to make myself...

valissa
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9709

Post by valissa »

RileyBear wrote:I'm gonna work on it!
I will have to save up to get a saber, but the soft goods I should be able to make myself...
I can help with the saber if you need it! I just finished building my fourth one! :)
Valissa Lexaoel

RileyBear
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by RileyBear »

valissa wrote:
I can help with the saber if you need it! I just finished building my fourth one! :)
Wicked! [smilie=yahoovk3.gif] Thanks! We'll talk when I have money again!

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

BrianJGibbs wrote:Both you guys are right on the color front but ZB I've seen your jedi and know its old republic were black is a no no unless your doing one who was seen on screen wearing back like Anakin or Barriss Offee and there are quite a few more.
anakin is all variations of brown - dark and light brown.. no black boots..

jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

BrianJGibbs
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by BrianJGibbs »

bassclarinets wrote:
BrianJGibbs wrote:Both you guys are right on the color front but ZB I've seen your jedi and know its old republic were black is a no no unless your doing one who was seen on screen wearing back like Anakin or Barriss Offee and there are quite a few more.

jen
Very true tho some of thoughs browns were as dark as you can get :lol:
Costume to-do List:

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

bassclarinets wrote:

jen
I have seen two pictures of Anakin with BLACK boots on! I don't know if it is the lighting or what but they are black...and I have seen two versions of his boots made for sale either in black or dark brown.

Diana (ShortTrooper )
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

TB-8063 wrote:Generic Jedi, New Republic
Required Items:
Outer Tunic/Jacket
Utility Belt with D-ring
Leather, suede, leather-like boots at least calf length. No rubber boots or visible laces)
Lightsaber (no toys)
Pants or skirt
No visible t-shirts
No loud colors like pink or neon green. Natural colors like brown, black, grey, white, green, blue, and red are fine.
Yep that's what it says!

diana (ShortTrooper )

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

valissa wrote:
How did you make your saber, as I am saving up to make one...it's gonna cost me a small mint but I'm going to save!

Diana (Short TRooper )