Ok I got it glued finally!!!!!!!!

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Ok I got it glued finally!!!!!!!!

Post by SHortTrooper »

:shock:

Now I have to work on getting the "garter" belt together and putting the knee plate on and the other pieces before I forget....I made the neck piece a bit high so I have to take it apart some and re -sew it.

I am hoping this will pass for 501st after I get it done but if it doesen't I have the coolest Star Wars armor in the neighborhood!

I did have my oldest take a couple of pics of me in the armor but the shoulder bells werent attached yet, and plus I didn't have my helmet on either and when I turned around for a back shot my head vanished as it was dark in the door way and I look headless! :roll:

I am hoping to attach the pics here so pray they show up!!!

Short Trooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Ok how do I add pics on here??

Can some one help?

Short Trooper(Diana)

IndyKnightNoval
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 1164

Post by IndyKnightNoval »

Do you have them hosted online? (photobucket, flickr, etc)

Just use around the URL for each photo where you have it hosted and you're set.

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

if you dont have them hosted anywhere yet, i would suggest photobucket because once you upload them to photobucket - you just click on the [img] text and it will automatically copy.. then you paste it here (like he said) and it should work...

if you still cannot get it to work - post and someone will try to help..

jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

thanks guys...now how do I get to photo bucket and how do I get in?

Do I just type photobucket in the search engine I use and register? I do have a program on my comp from HP to upload photos to the web, is that good to use?

I've never done anything on the web but only in emails have a I sent pics....

Short Trooper (Diana)

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

http://www.photobucket.com

then you will need to create a new account (go for the free account - it should be PLENTY)

:) you just need to put in your email and verify it (basically) to create a photobucket account..

jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Ok, after an hour and a half of farting around with this comp my older daughter and I finally got the photobucket account and loaded the two pics. :D

(I am so proud of myself! I've never done this before!! Now I'll probably forget on how to do it!)

BUT!!!!!I cant get the thing to load the pics on here!!! :evil:

I tried to do what it said and what was written on here but it wont do it.

Help again!

if worst comes to worst Can I just email the things to you bassclairenets and can you post it for me?

I will be gone for a few hours tonight (Graduation party and carnival in town) but will be back later.

Thank you for all the help you have given me on here so far.

Short Trooper (Diana)

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

Diana -

1st, make sure that your account is set to public (right side of screen, click on ACCOUNT OPTIONS, scroll down to Album settings then make sure it says PUBLIC :)

2nd, then back in your album - click on the 4th box underneath the picture (IMG code) to copy it -

then paste that here - (i usually right click and then click paste, but you can type ctrl+V or click edit-paste)

Image (I added spaces between the Image

and you have your picture - if you want to see the unaltered [img] quote my text and look in the quoted box to see how it looks ;)

jen

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

if your pictures then look HUGE on here - click on the picture in your photobucket album - (dont click edit - for some reason it has been wonky on most computers i have tried it on)

then - click on resize (the one in my post above is resized to 1 size above message board :)) and then the size you want - it will ask you if you are sure, and then it will resize it -

then you will need to reload the screen HERE to see it actually take (otherwise it will not refresh on your screen to the resized image.. and it will still look huge to you, but not to anyone else..)

jen

Acrylikhan
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Acrylikhan »

I can't wait to see you hard work Diana! :D
Retired from Star Wars Costuming - then again retirement is overrated

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Ok I tried all that and it still wont go into the web page....I click on the link as you said and it wont paste, it keeps saying it copied but I can't get it to paste!!!!

Can I just email it to you Bassclarienets and can you try to put it up here?..I have a goofy look on my face as I wasent ready for my daughter who snapped the picture before I was ready! :oops:

Short Trooper (Diana)[/url]

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

shoot me a PM here and i can see whats up.. :)

jen

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

due to technical difficulties - i am posting for shorttrooper :)

jen

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

:D :D

Thank you Jen for posting these....I still have no idea what I did or did not do. Sorry for the goofy look on my face but my oldest took the pic too soon before I could smile!!!

I am hoping to have my whole armor done by this weekend or next as I have no more Dr appointments for me for once except for Hannh my oldest.

Hopefully by then I can try this again and you can see my finshed armor. They are having a Star Wars movie marathon at ourYMCA in August
and I am going to ask if they will allow costumes. Admission to the movie marathon is a new STar WArs toy that is donated to a ch ildrens charity here in town. After the movies every one is going to the movie theater to see the opening of the Star Wars Clone Wars movie.

.I want comments good or bad onthe armor so far.....I admit there is a few boo boos I had done on it...as in I dribbled some glue on the armor on the leg as my hands had begun to shake as I held the applicator,my boots arent the best as the paint came off and has come off the zipper after I zipped them up....I do have another pair but they look like Elvis shoes and they are a bit big....:( ...I also had to velcro one of the smaller arm pieces as the way the guy who made it trimmed it didn't form this piece very well and it wouldn't of glued right. Also for some reason, the bottoms of my calf armor won't close right...my ankles cant be that BIG!! I just had a bone density scan and they said my bones were thin!

I am thinking of making this into a Sand Trooper after I get it done and send in the f insihed pics since there are some scratches already on it and I have most of the stuff for the Sandy any way..(I.E back pack pieces that I am collecting..., pauldron ect. Dewback prod....I even have a giant green black emu egg as a Dewback egg prop :wink: )

THanks guys for the comments and advice in advance...

Short Trooper (Diana)

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by cplBear »

Hopefully by then I can try this again and you can see my finshed armor. They are having a Star Wars movie marathon at ourYMCA in August
and I am going to ask if they will allow costumes. Admission to the movie marathon is a new STar WArs toy that is donated to a ch ildrens charity here in town. After the movies every one is going to the movie theater to see the opening of the Star Wars Clone Wars movie.
Ummm ? This sounds like a great Trooping opportunity there to me . Are the same folks putting this on that did the Ymca thang in Streater last spring ???
Sounds great if they are also doing this as a charity thing as well . But i would hope they do it on a Saturday . Better chance to get folks there .
Anyone else see a potential troop here in this one ??? :wink:
Mud hole! My home this is - Yoda

IN6951 Imperial Navy Trooper .

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

I was thinking that too. I can ask the person who is putting it on at the Y if we could do a troop down here. :D

Let me get some info and get back to you on it.

I have a paper here from the Y and it shows the time and date for this and I'll get back to you tongiht on it.

Short Trooper (Diana)

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

cplBear wrote:
Ummm ? This sounds like a great Trooping opportunity there to me . Are the same folks putting this on that did the Ymca thang in Streater last spring ???
Sounds great if they are also doing this as a charity thing as well . But i would hope they do it on a Saturday . Better chance to get folks there .

Yes I think it's the same people that put this on in Ottawa and the Pizza Hut last year here in Ottawa.

I found the ad in the 2008 YMCA schedual book and this is what it says:

(Cool pic from last year of Vader and Obi Wan in a face off in the YMCA's gym)

STAR WARS MOVIE MARATHON!!!!!

FRIDAY AUGUST THE 15th

All 6 movies!

Both volumes of the animated Clone Wars!!

We will end the marathon by going to the Roxy theater to see the new, big screen Clone Wars Movie!

More details available as we get closer.

ADMISSION: Bring a Star Wars toy to be donated to a childrens Charity.

Bring something comfy to sit or lay on!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!

I tried to get a hold of the person doing this but the person had gone for the day and I will try tomorrow to see if anything has changed or if any info has been added I.E. times and stuff.

And your right it may be a better opportunity for the 501st if they did it on a Saturday..I will be there as I only live 5 blocks from there!!

Short Trooper(Diana)

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

cplBear wrote:
Ok,I talked to Ken's receptionist and they said he will be there at 10:30 or 11 am tomorrow. They remebered us being there last year and if I wanted to talk to him about it call back Friday the 20th.They will have more infor mation on it at the end of July next month so if I find out anything more I will post it here.

Short Trooper (Diana)

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by cplBear »

Being on a Friday will kill it for me personally ! Work Work Work ! :cry:
Mud hole! My home this is - Yoda

IN6951 Imperial Navy Trooper .

CloudStrife7
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7024

Post by CloudStrife7 »

Costume's coming together great! Event sounds like fun, maybe my local Y is doing one.