Moderator: Garrison Officers

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9989

IL-Oakbrook-Cinemax/Comcast/LFL Event-10-3-06

Post by TKvanB »

ID1951 wrote:As many are aware, a call came out for all 3 costume groups to come out in support of the premier of all 6 "Star Wars" movies on Cinemax in HD in November. LFL asked us to participate and Chicago was the first market up. We didn't have much time to prepare and get costumed participants, but we forged ahead. With barely 6 days to work with, the Chicago area managed to get the 10 costume maximum that they were looking for.

Since this event was during the day and during the week, our CO and State Captain were unable to facilitate. That duty fell to me as XO of the Midwest Base of the Rebel Legion, Jedi Council at The Jedi Assembly and TK-ID 1951 at the 501st.

I was genuinely elated that all 3 costume groups stepped up and members rearranged work schedules, called in sick, and left early in order to go to the Corporate Offices of Comcast (local provider of Cinemax/HBO) in Oakbrook, IL to revv the employees at the Call Center up. And revv we did!

Staff at Comcast had decorated the halls and and some of the meeting rooms with Star Wars Pez dispensers, posters, masks and a variety of other items. "A New Hope" was playing on a TV/DVD player just as you exited the elevators on the 3rd floor. All of the employees were invited to come to the 3rd floor elevators for a photo with the us and were given a frame/folder for their souvenir photo. I don't think that I have ever posed for that many photos in the years that I have been doing events in costume.

Since we had enough costumed participants, half of our group was sent up to the fourth floor for awhile and had a great time interacting with the employees and gettiing photos taken.

I can honestly say that the Staff and employees at this Comcast Call Center made the entire event so worthwhile and a great deal of fun. They were genuinely glad and very excited to meet us and have photos taken. My hope for the other cities where this is to take place is that you have as great a group of people to work with as we did.

Big thanks go out to the following people who left work, called in sick, or went to work after our event was over:

From the 501st:
Jerry Budde - Stormtrooper - tk0084
Anthony Day - Anakin Skywalker - SL7956
Joseph Flores- Tie Fighter Pilot - TI1296
John Fitzsimmons - Stormtrooper - TK6442
TK-Chicago Cop - Stormtrooper-lol...real name? TK #
Dan Giese-Stormtrooper - TK6254
Rudy Grasha - Boba Fett - BH3620
Patrick Engle - Darth Vader - SL6312-

From the Rebel Legion/The Jedi Assembly:

Cheryl Whittaker - "Whinter Fenlynn" - Jedi (RL-TJA)
Luke Zintak - Tatooine Farmboy Luke - (RL) -
Phyllis Schulte -"Schph Gochi" - Jedi - TK/ID1951 (MWG-RL-TJA)

You guys ROCK!

Photos can be found here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/schphgoch ... /my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/whinter_f ... e2&.src=ph

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/b ... ijen/?sc=4
fettswatcop wrote:What a way to get your employees motivated! It was a lot of fun!

Last edited by TKvanB on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Post by TKvanB »

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 04:16
Schph Gochi wrote:And....for all who participated...

The news was posted on http://www.501st.com/news.php

$10,000 Donation to Make-A-Wish
by tuskentrooper on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:28 am
In late 2006, Cinemax acquired exclusive television rights to Star Wars and enlisted the volunteers of the 501st Legion to help celebrate the event. Troopers across America took time off from their day jobs and travelled long distances to help with public promotions in major markets and corporate call centers to inspire employees. In appreciation of this support, Cinemax (Civic Entertainment Group LLC) has made a $10,000 donation to Make-A-Wish in the name of the 501st Legion. Thank you, Cinemax, for your thoughtfulness, charity, and the opportunity to work with you!

Click here to view the certificate of donation. http://www.501st.com/images/Cinemax_certificate.jpg

I know I speak for most of us...
we did this because
1-It was requested by Lucasfilm
2-It was for charity

...Since a public thank-you was made...it would have been nice to have the all of the facts correct....Rebel Legion members and TJA members did participate nationwide. :D

Kudos to all! I am certainly proud of our Imperials, Rebels and Jedi who scrambled like mad....shuffled their work schedules and made this happen locally.....both in Oakbrook and in Wisconsin!

The $10,000.00 contribution to Make-A-Wish was certainly worth it!
TKvanB wrote:http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewto ... c&start=60

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:45 am
m'Lord wrote:Once again I'd like to thank everyone who participated in these Cinemax events. I know there were a few kinks in the works here and there, but you all made the best of it like the true troopers that you are. Your dedication was obviously appreciated, and this morning I received confirmation that a donation was indeed made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation for...$10,000!!! I was astounded at the amount and hope that you are likewise pleased and that it makes up for any inconveniences endured along the way.

I had asked for charities of choice from each participating unit, including the Rebel Legion and Jedi Assembly, but Cinemax indicated it was their preference to make out just one check to one charity. The majority of the charity-of-choice responses I received were for Make-A-Wish, so that was the charity I gave them.

Again, thanks to all who helped bring this donation to fruition!

The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

Darth Raizzar
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6312

Post by Darth Raizzar »

More Photos - :D

COMCAST -CLICK HERE

8) :D