TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9989

IN-Merrilville-DVD Release-Suncoast-Sept 16-17, 2006

Post by TKvanB »

tk1781 wrote:The Bloodfin and Midwest Garrison participates

My report on this goes like this,Had a blast as always!!! The employees at the store were great,very helpful with our group.Saturday went great,even though we only had three in attenance...At noon it Started out with just Scott Hicks and myself,then after about an hour Rudy showed up,to my suprise,and delight...He had to work his butt off to get his basement dried out...After taking care of that he made it out!!!!We now Had Boba on duty!!!
We were the main attraction at the mall Saturday and really blew the people coming out to shop away....
After about 3pm Scotts wife Stephine,showed up,Scott couldn't get her armor finished cause they spent a couple days cleaning up after they had a flood in their basment also due to the heavy rain,she arrived with their son Peyton and worked her way right in to a support role and was a great help...We called it quits at 4pm.the manager of the store talked to Stephine while we suited down,and said we brought a lot of attention to the store,he had been trying to get more copys out to his store,he was all sold out of the Lego Star Wars II and Empire Strikes Back until Fiday.He got a few more in and sold them out quickly...So needless to say we had a great Saturday.

Sunday was a slightly different story...
We Showed up as planned and this time when I walked in the store I was met by Phyllis(TK 1951)I was followed shortly By Scott, and Rudy showed up shortly after,We got ready and were out in front of the store by noon.
Things were going as planed,a crowd had started to gather around the entrance to Suncoast,all people waiting patiently in line to get photos with us,until a grumpy old security guard came over and told the people out front to move along!!! He even told a mom that she couldn't take a picture of her kids with us...She complained that he was being unreasonable and he went to get his boss!!! His boss came over,talked to one of the sales associates behind the counter,and told him he had to stay in the store.We complied,However this really upset me,due to the fact that I had went in last Tuesday night and introduced myself to the security that was on duty and told them what we would be doing,asked them if they had any set rules and the woman working the security desk that there were no real rules but just use common sense,(i.e.not running around scaring kids,and pointing blasters at the general public).
Shorly after all this happened the general manager of the whole mall showed up to get a photo with us,he thanked us for coming and made us feel a lot more welcome than that"rent-a-cop" did!!! He wanted to have us make some apperances for some charity walks and things they do at the mall...He didn't have time to talk so I couldn't let him know what happened with security,but I will be sending him a nice thankyou letter,and giving him my contact info...I may mention what happened with security,but then again I may not...dont want to make to many waves!!!I will also be composing a Thankyou letter to the manager of this store.

Participants were
SL1781.Rich,Vader
BH3620.Rudy,Boba
TK1951.Phyllis, Stormtrooper
Scott Hicks(No ID# Yet)Stormtrooper
Any way I will post my pics that were taken with my old camera,when I get them developed...For right enjoy Phyllis' pics!!!

Here is the link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/schphgoch ... r=/affescd
-SL1781 Rick Markle
fettswatcop wrote:These were taken Saturday. My folks, long time costumers of the store, printed out the first pic and took it to the manager.

Image[/img]
-BH3620 Rudy Grasha
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.