Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 3853

IL-Champaign Best Buy DVD Release September 13th, 2006

Post by Targ »

Posted: 13 Sep 2006 21:51 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVENT REPORT

I got to Best Buy at about 5:15 and Ryan and Tom were already there and were suiting up. Since this was Tom's first troop, I helped him in to the armor. The room that the guys used to dress in was much better than the utility room like last time. Once they were ready, we walked out onto the sales floor.

Reaction from people was typical, but hardly anyone knew why we were there. The Best Buy employees knew, but not many customers did. Last year Best Buy made fliers and put them up in the store a few days ahead of time. I tried to find something that said "Star Wars on DVD", but there was nothing to be had. I was hoping they could have brought the Star Wars DVD dump up to the front of the store, but that didn't happen either. Overall it went well even with these problems.

They did have Lego II running on an X Box so that was good. People liked seeing Ryan playing Guitar Hero in armor. The guys went outside for s while and then Jeremy got there. It's always better to have more troopers!

We took a few pictures of the guys with the new DVD's and some other sci-fi franchise DVD.

I've posted more pics here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stormtroo ... /my_photos
Look in the Best Buy 2006 folder.

Around 8:00, we finished up. Besides, the pizza that Best Buy bought us was there! The guys got out the armor and we had dinner. Before he left, and because it was Tom's first troop, I gave him one of the new MWG patches and a 501st one.

Overall, it was a good event. Next time, a little more promotion would be good.

Jeremy, I wasn't really cheating with the challenge coin. You should have it ready at anytime.
Midwest Garrison
Bloodfin Garrison (HM)
501st Legion
http://www.skaught.com/501st/proofs/9965tk.jpg
Last edited by Targ on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Re: Champaign Best Buy DVD Release September 13th, 2006

Post by TKvanB »

GReat report! Nice pictures!
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Post by TKvanB »

I'm honored to report that several MWG Members are featured in the latest edition of Bantha Tracks On-line:

Show Us Your Discs!October 10, 2006
http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/memb ... dexp2.html
"Some DVD confusion at the Best Buy in Champaign, Illinois," reports Chip Childress of the Midwest Garrison. From left to right are Jeremy Wilcox, Ryan Summers and Tom Durbin."
In addition - that image is featured on the Bantha Tracks main page!!
NICE!!!
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.