MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9989

IL-NORMAL-Relay For Life-JUNE 23-24, 2006

Post by TKvanB »

BDA TK7503 wrote:
EVENT: McLean County Relay for Life 2006

WHEN: FRIDAY June 23 NOON - SATURDAY Jun 24 NOON

Last year Steven Crouch TB1181 headed this team up.
Jeremy Wilcox TK-7503 headed the team for 2006 and we will be once again be calling ourselves the Imperial Walkers.
Last year we were a huge hit and the comittee members have been begging for us to return.
2005 was the first year that the Relay made the front page of the local paper.
IL- Relay For Life-NORMAL, IL JUNE 23-24, 2006

Participants:

Jeremy Wilcox TK-7503 ***registered
Kevin E Kemarly TK-3290 ***registered
Chip Childress TK-9965 ***registered
Berry Benecke TK-523 ***registered
Mark Berry BH-4265 (Boba Fett) ***registered
Belinda Montag ID- ***registered
Brad Wilson TK-662 ***registered
Ryan Summers TK-2429 ***registered

bobafrettTK523 wrote:For those of you who missed it, we had a great time again this year. The weather cooperated, and we had a great turnout with 4 returning troopers, and three new troopers to the "Relay". My friend printed up a cool banner for the event. I believe Brad has a picture of the team standing around it. My right foot has two blisters on it from all the walking. They had a foot massage area where I had a lovely young lady rub down my sore feet before heading out to the track for more relaying.

The luminaria event was once again very touching and moved me to tears as I passed not one but three people whom I have lost this past year or so to cancer. I think seeing Katie Johnsons Luminaria bag hurt more than I thought it would, and of course my mom. Several troopers were there with support, and that is part of what the Luminaria are there for, to bring us closer, and to remember those who we have lost.
MORE PICTURES:
fallenjedi6 wrote: http://imageevent.com/tk662/relay
I had a blast and I am looking forward to next year. It was nice to put faces with names. Now to go on that diet...
Last edited by TKvanB on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TKvanB »

.......in hyperspace:

Bantha Tracks: Fans On Parade (link)
July 11, 2006
http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/memb ... dexp2.html

The article includes:

2 nice group pictures from the Normal, IL Relay for Life event (June 23 & 24, 2006) (one of the group holding the banner, the other with our Members on the track)
Members of the Midwest Garrison participated in the Relay for Life 24-hour walk, calling themselves the "Imperial Walkers." Walking an incredible 24 hours in armor and costumes, often in memory of loved ones who had succumbed to cancer, the team helped raise money for cancer research while their costumes raised the spirits of fellow walkers. Photos submitted by Barry Benecke.
2 Nice group pictures from the Bartlett, IL Independence Day parade (July 2, 2006)
"This year's Midwest Garrison entry in the Bartlett parade featured a float created and built by our members," writes van Beuningen. "Our group also included three trucks: one that played several hours worth of Star Wars marching music; one to carry all of the marshmallows that we passed out to children along the way and tow the float; and the last one to carry more marshmallows." Midwest Garrison photos by Jessi Tampa.
"Approximately four dozen members of the Midwest Garrison, along with our friends from the local Rebel Legion and our own families, marched in costume on the over four-mile long parade route through Bartlett, IL," reports Kathy van Beuningen, Commanding Officer for the Midwest Garrison. The group added Imperial color to the Bartlett Independence Day parade for the fourth year in a row.
.....and a few other parade events from all over. :wink:

......and the Bantha Tracks "Get in Tracks" teaser picture on the front page and in the "Get in Tracks" page is also from the Relay for Life event in Normal and includes Kevin E Kemarly TK-3290 and Ryan Summers TK-2429.
Troopers, part of the "Imperial Walkers," enjoy a few moments with "buckets off" during the 24-hour Relay for Life fundraiser to benefit cancer research. Photo submitted by Barry Benecke.

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TKvanB »

I love these pictures!

bobafrettTK523
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 523

Post by bobafrettTK523 »

TKvanB wrote:I love these pictures!
Are they the ones in Bantha Tracks?
"Open the blast doors, Open the Blast doors!"