Moderator: Garrison Officers

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9989

Midwest Garrison local event Triple Header May 20, 2006

Post by TKvanB »

The Members of the Midwest Garrison participated in events all over the Garrison this May 20th, 2006 weekend, with events occurring in each of the 3 states. The Motor City Comic Con in the Detroit area kept our members in Michigan busy all weekend. Vader's Fist was requested for a surprise appearance at a wedding in Sheboygan, WI on Friday evening.

Amidst the 2nd game of the cross-town classic
(CUBS vs. (defending World Champion) SOX)
the local Chicago area members of the Midwest Garrison pulled off a triple-header with 3 events occurring around the metropolitan area.

-(Arlington Heights, IL) Child's Birthday request
-(Aurora, IL) Jail & Bail for the American Cancer Society
-(Plainfield, IL) Walk-a-thon for River View Elementary

Walk-a-thon for River View Elementary:

Jim Tampa (TB1020) and Jessi Tampa (TI3228) put out a call to any Imperials & Rebel characters to take part in a Jail & Bail to benefit the American Cancer Society from 1pm-5pm for the first annual "Taste of HomeTown" event. The community event included local food vendors from the surrounding area, crafters, and artists. The event took place in the Town Center park with our "Jail" area set up in a large open tent.

TB1020 wrote:They fill out a short form of who's to be arrested and what their crime is, then troopers are sent out to bring him or her in to serve their time. Time is based on $1 per minute. Ice water torture or the old "smell the stinky boot" torture can also be bought for an additional $1 per minute or per torture (like a cup of ice water down the back). It can be a lot of fun, especially when the kids are arrested, then they have an opportunity to get their parents back by having them arrested. The "jail" is just an open tent with folding chairs, but they must be seated at all times during their time and we can impose a no speaking rule, if we like.
Local 501st and Rebel Legion participants included:

TI3228 Jessi Tampa (Iballflyer) (event coordinator) Aurora, IL
SL9442 Chris Schwarz (iceberg) Anakin - IL
SL1781 Rich Markle (dad vader) Darth Vader - Valparaiso, In
BH1180 Kevin Robinson (lionspride) Boba Fett - Valparaiso, In
ID1952 Phyllis Schulte (Schph Gochi) Jedi - Mokena, IL
BH412 Arturo Delgado (TK412) Jango Fett - IL
Jody (new recruit) sandtrooper - IL FIRST EVENT! :D
TK6442 John Fitzsimmonds (Fitz6442) stormtrooper - IL
TI2079 Andrew Marsh (jackkillian) Rebel pilot - IL
TI1296 Joseph Flores (IronManatArms) TIE pilot - Berwyn, IL
TK9989 Kathy van Beuningen (TKvanB) stormtrooper - Chicago, IL

Our kids:

Connor Markle (RotJ Luke) Valparaiso, IL
Alexandria Flores - Berwyn, IL
Quincy Newkirk (Jedi) Chicago, IL

We also welcomed some of our local friends from the
Rebel Legion to join us:

Joe Hella (Rebel Legion) (Jedi) Watertown, WI
Deidra (Rebel Legion) (Yavin Leia) Dodgeville, WI
R2D2 (Tom W) from the R2 Builders - IL

Event FEEDBACK:
TKvanB wrote:I'm really glad I came out to this!
First of all, thank you Jessi for setting this up! There were a lot of folks going in & out of our jail, so the ACS should be getting a nice little donation from this :wink: Thanks for inviting us to your house! :D

It was nice seeing Arturo & Michelle + thank you for stopping by this event after the morning event! Ditto for Rich, Kevin & Phyllis!
Chris S & Joseph --- glad to see you as always! Nice to see Andrew (although he was orange today :lol: )
It was nice meeting Jody & seeing Fitz again :D Jody -- you did great on your first day! It was also nice to see some of the WI RL, Joe H & Diedre made it down to come & play with us. :)
Mike the new Legion recruit from the WWII reinactors group stopped by to say 'hello'

Lots of fun! I can't wait to do this again! :D
LionsPride wrote:Thank you for hosting us Jessi and letting us invade your home ;), you did a great job and Jim should be proud

some highlights-
* Chris (Iceburg) almost taking a digger chasing an escaped convict.. LOL
* Countless parents putting bounties on their kids.. lmao, that'll teach em to not clean their rooms
* Countless kids jailing their parents, that'll teach ya for making me clean my room !!!
* Stopping the show by Jailing the lead singer of the band on stage.. haha he was'nt too happy at first, but was a good sport about it and ended up comming back to take pics with us, see we are irresistable ....
* Jailing Cinderella, how come no one came to bail her out ? (Hello... prince charming anyone ???) LMAO !!!
* Michelle and Turo saving my butt by going to get my taco's before I passed out from hunger

Thanks all for a wonderfully exhausting day
IBall Flyer wrote::D Thanks so much everyone who came out and chased down those convicts!!

This was a great turnout for our neighborhood's first Taste of Hometown, we raised over $150 for the American Cancer Society and were able to make a lot of kids smile. Thanks to Vader and the Fetts and storm- and sand trooper and jedis and evil anakin scout and Leia and R2 and rebel pilot and tie pilot and everybody who came out. It was a gorgeous day!

:lol: I still haven't figured out why Cinderella was there...and why her prince just sat there and watched her sit in jail...cheapskate! She obviously has some reality issues!
jackkillian wrote:my favorite moment...chassing after those runaways with the sillystring gun and running past a women who screamed as the stream of string got close to her. Don't worry I "Stayed on Target" and hit the captive. Also managed to put him in binders.....

and when is it a rebel has to bring his own binders to be arrested in...

Great time had a blast thanks jessie thanks everyone.

Andrew
dad vader wrote:What a blast!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Jesse for being a wonderful host!!!!

Thanks Michelle for getting us our food and making sure Conor had something to eat!!!!!

Thanks to Princess Dee for making another long trek to help out

Turo,Jody,Fitz,Joseph,Joe,Andrew,Phyllis and Kevin,Always a joy to troop with you all,Thank you Very much!!
HopeI didn't forget anyone but if I did,Sorry!!!

Ohhhh yea,Cant forget our CO,Kathy and Quincy,Thanks!!!!

May 20, 2006 (Plainfield, IL) Walk-a-thon for River View Elementary SATURDAY

Meanwhile, on the South side of town, the Riverview Elementary School requested an Imperial presence at their Walk-a-Thon Fundraiser in Plainfield, Illinois EARLY on Saturday May 20th morning. Michelle Boeving, the future Mrs. BH412, teaches grade school there and suggested that the members of the 501st Legion be contacted to help out for this. Since we already had the Jail & Bail event in the works, and this location was relatively nearby, I made the suggestion that any of our members who could, do both events.

----- Original Message -----
Subject: RE: Walk-a-thon for River View Elementary May 22, 2006
Hi there! Our Walk-a-thon is actually on Saturday, May 20th from 9-11 am at River View Elementary school - 2097 Bronk Road in Plainfield, Illinois (near Naperville and Joliet) We'd love to have anyone that would be available. We will have some other characters as well that are local (like a hot dog costume guy and Jammer, who represents our local baseball team) The kids would get such a kick out of Star Wars characters..........

Event Coordinator: Michelle Boeving

501st Legion Members participating:

BH412 Arturo Delgado Jango Fett, IL
TD3262 Dana Gasser sandtrooper, WI
TD1043 (dustrho) Chris Rhoads (sandtrooper) Aurora, IL
TK6442 (Fitz6442) John Fitzsimmonds (stormtrooper) IL
SL1781 Rich Markle (dad vader) Darth Vader - Valparaiso, In
BH1180 Kevin Robinson (lionspride) Boba Fett - Valparaiso, In
ID1952 Phyllis Schulte (Schph Gochi) Jedi - Mokena, IL
Jody (new recruit) sandtrooper - IL FIRST EVENT! :D
TK6442 John Fitzsimmonds (Fitz6442) stormtrooper - IL
kids:
Connor Markle (RotJ Luke) Valparaiso, IL

Event FEEDBACK:

dustrho wrote:Got a full page write-up completed from the outing this morning, and I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks to Michelle for taking the pictures with my camera! If you (Michelle or Arturo) can email me any of the ones that you took with your camera, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much for a fun morning, and I'd be happy to assist with another fund-raiser for that school since everyone there were so nice.

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/walkathon2006/

Read more & see more pictures here at sandtroopers.com:

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/walkathon2006/

LionsPride wrote:Wow was that a blast or what !!! I had sooo much fun at this event. Chris is right it's the seemingly smaller events like this that involve kids that end up being some of the most fun to attend. You could tell right off the bat as they started that the kids were excited that we were there, as they took off RUNNING instead of walking to reach us around the backside of the track.. LOL

Thanks to Arturo for organizing this event and to Michelle for hosting us and providing us with everything, and a BIG congrats on your engagement, I know you two will have a wonderfully blessed future together. Lets do this again sometime. Thank you so much for having us.

Was also great to finally meet Chris (Dustrho), the other 1/2 of the (MWG involved) dynamic duo over at sandtroopers . com. You guys do a great job there, that cannot be said enough. It was an honor to troop with you Chris and hope to do it again soon

As usual it was a blast to troop with Phyllis, you always make trooping so much fun, it was also nice to see Dana, Jody and Fritz thanks for making it guys and I hope Jody can make more events, he's a riot. Thanks to Ted also for comming out.

Special thanks to Rich, I cannot thank you enough for getting me involved in this hobby (passion), I cannot think of a more fufilling way to spend my free time, then to be provided with the opportunity to help Charities and our Communities, while having fun doing it.

LOL I'm soo exhausted right now, too much fun in one day.
Thanks again all

dad vader wrote:Just a short Thank you to all involved,We blew the kids away!!!!
My wrist still hurts from signing autographs all morning,What a blast...
What was really fun was messing with the Donny(Domino's pizza chatacter ) that showed up in the parking lot,after the walk.
Thanks to Arturo and Michelle for setting this up,best of wishes to both of you.You are truly wonderful people.

Thanks for the chance to have a great time!!!!!!

May 20, 2006 (Arlington Heights, IL) Child's Birthday request

Meanwhile, on the Northside of town, local contacts made by our local members at LAST YEAR's FREE Comic Book Day event generated yet an other event in which our local members could participate. We also ran into this Star Wars fan at this year's Free Comic Book day event at Hero Headquarters in Buffalo Grove, IL. It turned out that two young Star Wars fans would be turning 5 on the exact same day and requested the presence of the Dark Lord of the Sith and one or two of his loyal Stormtroopers.

Orlando Ledezma (TA2215) of Buffalo Grove, IL (stormtrooper) and Jerry Budde (TK0084) of Grayslake, IL (Darth Vader) were glad to oblige.

More pictures:

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/ ... y%20Party/
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.