Moderator: Garrison Officers

Darth Raizzar
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 6312

IL-Chicago-MSI Halloween -10/31/2007

Post by Darth Raizzar »

October 31st, Yesterday, my second Event at the Starwars exhibit, at the Museum of Science & Industry. 8)

This time, there were only 6 of us, and we REALLY got mobbed by unruley kids. This time a NON-Special Event troop was allowed in the exhibit. 8)

The Museum had us floating between three areas this time, Downstairs by the ticket booths, upstairs in front of the exhibit, and inside the exhibit, when the mob got too much, we just ducked inside the exhibit, at one time right before we went to pack up, we were surrounded by something like 200 kids, and maybe five adults to keep the ravenous dogs at bay :lol:

I felt like the diplay Vader was looking at me here

This is one of the Museum employees, they gave him, and another employee the cheap costumes that they sell in the gift shop, to "Mingle" with us...Ha!!!
you could easily spot the difference. His belt, and food capsules are silk screened.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The other non costumed employees were calling him Lando :lol: :lol: :lol:

The woman in charge seemed to want little or nothing to do with us, she had us haul our gear up stairs, instead of using the freight elevator :evil:
when we all went upstairs in the break / changing area, she appeared to tell us there was coffee, and mini muffins for our "enjoyment", I was glad that being something like 80 degrees in the museum, I didn't have to drink hot coffeee, and I had brought a cooler with some cold pepsi :idea:

List of participants via the interest thread

Boba Fett (Augie Webster) BH-9397
Darth Vader (Patrick Engle) SL-6312
Vader handler (Kristin Carlson) -
Stormtrooper (Geoff Adams) TK-7708
Imperial Officer (Katie Thomas)
Tie Pilot (Vicki Silva) TI-7118
Ben Kenobi (Lionel Bottari)-
Endor Rebel Trooper (Kim Webster)-

Hope You all Enjoyed! Link to the Album Here =
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/D ... t/MSI%202/ ;)
Last edited by Darth Raizzar on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Augie
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9397

Post by Augie »

Very good report. That's it in a nutshell.

:lol:
Augie
BH9397

“It's always a Pleasure to Meet a Jedi”

R2-S5
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by R2-S5 »

awesome pics. Sounds like the MSI associates haven't changed much. hehehe

Darryl

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by cplBear »

Lionel makes a GREAT looking Old Ben Kenobi . Great Pics !
But who was that "Other " jedi in those pics ? Not to be too picky , but that costume just looks "Wrong " ! :shock:
Mud hole! My home this is - Yoda

IN6951 Imperial Navy Trooper .

Darth Raizzar
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6312

Re: IL -MSI 10/31/2007

Post by Darth Raizzar »

To answer your question....
Darth Raizzar wrote:This is one of the Museum employees, they gave him, and another employee the cheap costumes that they sell in the gift shop, to "Mingle" with us...Ha!!!
you could easily spot the difference. His belt, and food capsules are silk screened.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The other non costumed employees were calling him Lando :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lionel does make a great looking Old Ben, several people on the Sith Lord Detachment website had said the same thing. :wink: 8)

Thanks Augie!
Great troopin' with you all, I don't think any of us will soon forget this one! :lol: :lol: :lol: