Moderator: Garrison Officers

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 118

IL-Streamwood-Local Scout Blue & gold dinner-Oct 19th

Post by TK118 »

On Oct 19th 3 local members of the MWG were asked to show up for a local Cub Scout packs Blue and Gold dinner as it was close to Halloween and MANY of them were Star Wars fans.

Greg Fisher was asked by Couch Migeal Streamwood Cub Scout pack leader if he and a couple of other MWG members could make an appearance.

While this wasn’t a HUGE event, Nor was it an OFFICIAL event, more as a favor than anything else, it was fun.

We met up at the location at about 7 and were "On duty" at 8pm.
Participating were Greg Fisher as Tie Pilot, Tom Schaefer As Tusken Raider and David Fouse as Trooper.
We waited in the hall till the Imperial March started and then entered the gym. As we did the comments from the kids were loud. COOL, AWWWWHHHH and STAR WARS were yelled. We stood guard during the color guard ceremony and shook hands, answered questions and took LOTS of pictures!
Nothing grand, or overly extensive, just a simple meet and great.

After about a hour and a half, the get together ended and we suited down and us 3 went to eat after. Thanks Greg for the grub ! :)

We were surprised to learn, that the envelope they gave Greg as a thank you contained $100. All three of us agreed that we would take this $$ and make a donation to the Children’s Memorial Hospital in the name of the MWG/501st and the Cub Scout Packs name.

It was a short but fun time where smiles were had for not only the kids, but for us as well, reminded us of just why we do this costuming hobby in the first place and what its all about, and in the end also benefited sick kids at the children's hospital.

THESE are the events we should ALL aspire to partake in. Its not about High Profile, "what can I get from it" events, Its all about kids, making them smile and having fun!

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Well done guys!!!

My youngest who is 13, is a frequent patient at Childrens Memorial Hospital and was glad to read you donated to the hospital. She goes for treatment of epilepsy, physical therapy and treatment for her arms hands and feet.

Sounds like the Cub Scouts had a great time and you guys had a ball too... As long as the kids had fun it would make it for me at an event.

Short Trooper
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Post by TK118 »

Well we also did another event a few months ago, A wedding reception, where we also had a donation th the hospital.

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

My youngest is happy to read that too.... :D

She thinks I am cool for letting my "inner Child" out on my costume, and she hopes I can troop with you guys up there at the hospital one day.

Short Trooper
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!