dad vader
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1781

IN-Dyer, Fundraiser Protsman Elementary School 4/27/07

Post by dad vader »

Now for the mission report.

On 4/27/07 the Midwest and Bloodfin Garrisons participated in a fundraiser for Protsman Elementary school,In dyer Indiana.
It was a meet and greet/photoshoot with the public.To raise money for new playground equipment.Just like the MWG does at the TOYCON in Bridgeview Il helping out our friend Terry Mannix every December,I mention this because our contact for this is Terry Mannix's sister,Robin Siano.The way the school did it was $10.00 got you a large 8x10 photo with any STAR WARS character we had on hand.

When I arrived I was met in the parking lot by Rudy Grasha III,along with his son Rudy IV and his friend Chris Phelps.We then went in the schhol to meet Robin.We saw all kinds of signage directing people to the gym for the event,and several STAR WARS cardboard standups.Robin showed up the area where we would be taking picture,the school had made an awesome backdrop with The Deathstar and Ties and X-Wings flying around on it.as the other members started to arrive we suited up and were ready to go at 7:00pm I look outside as we walked by the doors on our way to the stage and the line outside was already around the corner of the building.

We started taking pictures,but shortly into it the Printer malfunctioned.tThey tried for a few minutes to fix it and they reailzed it was a lost cause.So they just started having people write there names on the back of their numbers that the got when they registered,and told the people that they would get the photos them,on a later date.when they could get them printed out. and the continued taking pics and saving them in the camera.

We did have a couple of small problems during the event,with camera batteries needing to be recharged and getting the backup cameras ready.but these were minor problems and didn't take very long to sort out.While the school staff was repairing these minor problems we were able to mingle with the crowd.I don't know what questions the others got asked,but as Vader I got the standard question,"What do you look like under the helmet","You got killed,how can you be here" and "Didn't you get your hand cut off". Then we got back up on stage and finished with the pics.Though we went past 9:00pm on stage everyone who was there got to get their picture.we got off the stage and started to suit down.

We were then treated to a selection of Subway sandwiches and cooler of water/pop and some snacks.We sat around a large table and dicussed this and other events with our hosts.

The preliminary figure I got from Robin was $1,200.00.but she is going to e-mail me when they have the totals on what we raised.

I would like to thatk everyone who participated in this and helped to make it so successful.

The list of paticipants are as follows:

Rudy Grasha III: Boba Fett,BH 3620...Bloodfin
Bryon Mesarch: Stormtrooper.TK 2390...Bloodfin
Phyllis Shute: Rebel scum???? TK/ID 1951...MWG
Joseph Flores: Tie Pilot,TI/TS 1296...MWG
Rich Markle Vader,SL/TK/TI 1781 MWG
Ed Pekin Stormtrooper.No TK id yet
Cheryl Whitaker Jedi Scum???? No 501st Id Yet(Soon to be TI)
Conor markle RotJ Luke.(my son)

Support people (Kids)

Rudy Grasha IV Photos
Chris Phelps Photos
Ashlee Markle Support

Again I wish to thank everyone who helped out in this,the people of this group truly have big hearts.

Heres my pics.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/ ... %20Raiser/

fettswatcop
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3620

Post by fettswatcop »

Image BH3620